Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Ex-Pats on the Gold Coast?

Any Ex-Pats on the Gold Coast?

Old Aug 29th 2004, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Ex-Pats on the Gold Coast?

I will have my parents here until 10th October and will be needing to do the tour guide thing. I may also be overseas mid October, so November could be a good time for a get together somewhere
Old Aug 29th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya Gaz
Great to hear that you have settled in now

Good luck with the minibus business. I am leaving on 5 October - will email you nearer the time.

take care,
Debs
Old Aug 29th 2004, 7:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Hiya Gaz
Great to hear that you have settled in now

Good luck with the minibus business. I am leaving on 5 October - will email you nearer the time.

take care,
Debs
We might make it down for a meet, but in the meantime I wanted to say - pick your date carefully! Beware of Indy (Champ car motor-racing) - 21-24th October, when the Surfers area will be HEAVING!!! they race round the streets of Surfers and its great fun, but not the best week for a meet!

Oh - and isn't Schoolies week during November?! :scared:

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 29th 2004 at 7:44 am.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:15 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
just reading some of the posts and found that you are living in Robina. Where abouts coz we live in Varsity Lakes and I work in Target in Robina. How are you settling in. We love it and have been here for just over a year. Perhaps we could try an meet up or come and introduce yourself to me at Target. I work on the front door most mornings. I see to get speaking to quite a few Poms and they all live around the same area. It would be good to try and all meet up for a drink at the Dog and Parrot maybe, regards Louisa
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:21 am

Dear Sharon and Keith,
It was great to here you have found a place and settled in. I would be great to try and organise a get together. Give us a ring on 07 55758665 and we will try and get something sorted. Have you been ok over the last couple of weeks with the bush fires. I have friends that live in Bonogin and Tallai. Steve Urwin (Croc hunter) lives in bonogin, drives a 4x4 with the number plate CRIKEY. Keep in touch, regards Louisa and Rob.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robertd
Dear Sharon and Keith,
It was great to here you have found a place and settled in. I would be great to try and organise a get together. Give us a ring on 07 55758665 and we will try and get something sorted. Have you been ok over the last couple of weeks with the bush fires. I have friends that live in Bonogin and Tallai. Steve Urwin (Croc hunter) lives in bonogin, drives a 4x4 with the number plate CRIKEY. Keep in touch, regards Louisa and Rob.
Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying but we would love to meet up with you. We are going to Fraser Island tomorrow until Wednesday night but were wondering if you would like to have a get together next Saturday night....that goes for anyone else who lives in the Robina / Mudgeeraba / Bonogin area.

Look forward to hearing from you.

p.s If we meet at our house you will have to stand as our furniture is still in Brisbane !!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon, Keith and Anthony

Last edited by Pasquill; Sep 5th 2004 at 10:23 am.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:04 am

Dear Sharon,
Just putting Madison to bed then on sandwich making duties, so i will ring you tomarrow evening and arrange a get together for Sat if thats ok, speak tomarrow Louisa
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

hey guys,

I am all in favour of meeting up and stuff like that, but seriously, think twice about placing your phone numbers (and anything other than a disposable email address) on full view in the forum, you could attract all sorts of wierdos (godsquaders, general nutters and real estate agents).

My phone number is 000 (or for an alternate, PM me)
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys just been reading through your posts best of luck with your minibus business gary,we ll be over there early next year,so your minibus might be helpful.Im coming over with hubby gary and 16yr old daughter,we re looking at the gold coast,like the look of burliegh waters,but we ll have a look round when we get there.I m a hairdresser and nail tech and gary is a design engineer,soooo.. do we quaiify for the gold coast expats club,i ll have a barby when we get settled in,hope to meet some of you guys.Good to hear that your daughter is settleing in ok gary, having a 16yr old myself it helps if they are happy,it makes life a lot easier. Going to check out some of the places that you guys have recommended,its very useful reading some of the ideas that different people have.Be great to hear from some of you.

Tracey.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi guys just been reading through your posts best of luck with your minibus business gary,we ll be over there early next year,so your minibus might be helpful.Im coming over with hubby gary and 16yr old daughter,we re looking at the gold coast,like the look of burliegh waters,but we ll have a look round when we get there.I m a hairdresser and nail tech and gary is a design engineer,soooo.. do we quaiify for the gold coast expats club,i ll have a barby when we get settled in,hope to meet some of you guys.Good to hear that your daughter is settleing in ok gary, having a 16yr old myself it helps if they are happy,it makes life a lot easier. Going to check out some of the places that you guys have recommended,its very useful reading some of the ideas that different people have.Be great to hear from some of you.

Tracey.
Hi Tracey

Of course you qualify for the Gold Coast ex-pats club. For info I pay $15 for a mens cut and blow and my wife pays $25 for her wash cut and blow.

Keep in touch

Gary
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

MMmmm,ok done or maybe i have been,i ll paint your nails red as well,but only if you pick us up from the airport for $50.

Tracey.
Originally Posted by gazza22222
Hi Tracey

Of course you qualify for the Gold Coast ex-pats club. For info I pay $15 for a mens cut and blow and my wife pays $25 for her wash cut and blow.

Keep in touch

Gary
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robertd
Dear Sharon,
Just putting Madison to bed then on sandwich making duties, so i will ring you tomarrow evening and arrange a get together for Sat if thats ok, speak tomarrow Louisa
Louisa

So sorry I missed you...we had a few problems come up but we are back on track now. Please give me another call'

Sharon
Old May 13th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gazza22222
Hi Tracey

Keep in touch

Gary
Blimey Gary thats really cheap :scared: I havent seen any for under $60.
Old May 13th 2005, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debsy
Blimey Gary thats really cheap :scared: I havent seen any for under $60.
Me neither!!! where is it?

fabie