Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Brissy RN's out there?

Any Brissy RN's out there?

Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of
Default Any Brissy RN's out there?

Hey!! Just wondered if there was any Brissy Registered Nurses out there?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

karenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any Brissy RN's out there?

Hi,
I am a midwife here in UK, we have just booked our flights to Brisbane for 3rd Sept !!! :scared: What is Nursing like there ? Havn't got a job yet but hoping to work part time, as we have 2 young children.

Karenxxx

Originally Posted by katcha
Hey!! Just wondered if there was any Brissy Registered Nurses out there?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karenm
Hi,
I am a midwife here in UK, we have just booked our flights to Brisbane for 3rd Sept !!! :scared: What is Nursing like there ? Havn't got a job yet but hoping to work part time, as we have 2 young children.

Karenxxx
Hey Karen!
How exciting!! Very scary tho!! I got sponsored so i had my job before i got here which was sooo scary as didn't have chance to check the ward out, but luckily it's ok. I worked in the NHS in the UK whereas now i'm in a public hospital so things are definately different. More organised, busier, and more responsibility (for us RNs on our ward). However i have a pal thats a midwife at the same hospital who says she has less responsibiliy so i suppose every area is different! Have you been to Brissy before? Have you got any friends and/or family out here? Have you got any preference as to where you want to live?

Rach xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

have a look here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
Thanks for that
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

karenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura about

Have never been to oz before ....so yeh very scary !! We are hoping to travel a little before deciding where to settle. We have two young children so will have to consider schools as well. How are you finding it in Oz, do you have family with you ? I'm finding it hard at the moment as i know that soon i will need to say bye to eveyone !!!

Karenxxxx

Hey Karen!
How exciting!! Very scary tho!! I got sponsored so i had my job before i got here which was sooo scary as didn't have chance to check the ward out, but luckily it's ok. I worked in the NHS in the UK whereas now i'm in a public hospital so things are definately different. More organised, busier, and more responsibility (for us RNs on our ward). However i have a pal thats a midwife at the same hospital who says she has less responsibiliy so i suppose every area is different! Have you been to Brissy before? Have you got any friends and/or family out here? Have you got any preference as to where you want to live?

Rach xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Have never been to oz before ....so yeh very scary !! We are hoping to travel a little before deciding where to settle. We have two young children so will have to consider schools as well. How are you finding it in Oz, do you have family with you ? I'm finding it hard at the moment as i know that soon i will need to say bye to eveyone !!!

Karenxxxx
There's just me, my OH and 1 dog! I love Brissy, the climate, the lifestyle and the people but miss my friends and family soooo much! Still get quite homesick! I so know how you must be feeling at the mo, its horrible and when you have to say that final goodbye not pleasant!! Well if you need a chat or need any advice at any stage then feel free to PM me. Who knows once you're here we could meet for a coffee!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

That would be lovely, i would appreciate that thanks. I hope we are as happy there as you and your dog !! Now i'm gonna sound really thick.......but how do i PM you ? Not a whizz on the old comptuer !!!

Karenxxxx

There's just me, my OH and 1 dog! I love Brissy, the climate, the lifestyle and the people but miss my friends and family soooo much! Still get quite homesick! I so know how you must be feeling at the mo, its horrible and when you have to say that final goodbye not pleasant!! Well if you need a chat or need any advice at any stage then feel free to PM me. Who knows once you're here we could meet for a coffee!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

That would be lovely, i would appreciate that thanks. I hope we are as happy there as you and your dog !! Now i'm gonna sound really thick.......but how do i PM you ? Not a whizz on the old comptuer !!!

Karenxxxx
You click on my name katcha at the side and then click 'send a personal message to......'. Don't worry i'm a little behind when it comes to computers!!

Rach x