Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Armed forces transferees?

Any Armed forces transferees?

Old Apr 20th 2003, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any Armed forces transferees?

Hi,
Just wondering if there are any Brits who have transferred into the Aussie Army on this forum.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 7:44 pm
Badge

Default Re: Any Armed forces transferees?

Originally posted by njk435
Hi,
Just wondering if there are any Brits who have transferred into the Aussie Army on this forum.
Hello mate = but having served in TAVR i would be quite interested in joining their reserves. But i am 30 so will be getting towards the upper age bracket presumably

rgds

Old Apr 25th 2003, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
Hello mate = but having served in TAVR i would be quite interested in joining their reserves. But i am 30 so will be getting towards the upper age bracket presumably

rgds
Hi Badgersmount

Being a terrier myself I looked into joining the Oz reserves and was told the cut off age was 35 but you had to be a resident for two years. But after talking to a recruitment office in Perth they said that they could be flexable about both of these.

Basically like all armed forces in the western world the're crying out for volunteers.

Keel
Old Apr 25th 2003, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by keel
Hi Badgersmount

Being a terrier myself I looked into joining the Oz reserves and was told the cut off age was 35 but you had to be a resident for two years. But after talking to a recruitment office in Perth they said that they could be flexable about both of these.

Basically like all armed forces in the western world the're crying out for volunteers.

Keel
It may be worth checking that - you can join the regular Aussie Army up to age 48 (definately RAEME - if you have a trade others maybe).
Also to join the ADF you only have to have permanent residency status, does that mean 2 yr in Aus? (not sure myself)

"www.army.gov.au" has info for Reg and Reserve Forces.
Hope this helps

Nige

Last edited by njk435; Apr 25th 2003 at 6:10 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by njk435
It may be worth checking that - you can join the regular Aussie Army up to age 48 (definately RAEME - if you have a trade others maybe).
Also to join the ADF you only have to have permanent residency status, does that mean 2 yr in Aus? (not sure myself)

"www.army.gov.au" has info for Reg and Reserve Forces.
Hope this helps

Nige
Hi
My hubby is looking at a potential transfer into the RAN (just waiting to hear whether they want people of his trade). As I understand it they do not require you to be a citizen and, if they want you, they will assist in applying for PR and pay all removal costs etc. Once you are in they require you to apply for citizenship after one year. (I think they have a special arrangement with Immigration.)