Any Advice?

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:13 am
Just Joined

erins dad will become famous soon enougherins dad will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Any Advice?

Was all set to move to Perth 18months ago, but pressure from in-laws put paid to that. Now my partner is up for going in a years time.
Visa not a problem, will take a work sponsership for 4 years, as im a psychiatric staff nurse, but im slightly worried about how my partner will be at home whilst im working as we have 2 daughters aged 2&3 (obviously they will be a year older by then), with no support around at these times. We discussed this and feel it would benifit the girls to have their Mother watching them until they started school? Would welcome any feedback.

p.s. whats the overtime like for psychy nurses?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:40 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Advice?

Originally Posted by erins dad
Was all set to move to Perth 18months ago, but pressure from in-laws put paid to that. Now my partner is up for going in a years time.
Visa not a problem, will take a work sponsership for 4 years, as im a psychiatric staff nurse, but im slightly worried about how my partner will be at home whilst im working as we have 2 daughters aged 2&3 (obviously they will be a year older by then), with no support around at these times. We discussed this and feel it would benifit the girls to have their Mother watching them until they started school? Would welcome any feedback.

I don't work at the moment (worked part time in UK) and have two kids 2 and 5. When we arrived last year, I was delighted to find how much was going on for kids, and this made it easy for me to meet people etc. I was probably cornering other mums at the playground as I was thirsty for conversation, but everyone has been so friendly. It's the easiest move I have made (compared to within the UK) for meeting other people. She'll be fine. Which state are you thinking of moving to?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Advice?

Originally Posted by erins dad

\

Hi

I have two daughters, 4 and 5, and I have no familiy here at all (apart from hubby) so know what it is like. There are loads of mothers groups and places to take the children I wouldnt worry, your partner will soon make friends with other mums in the same situ and they will just help each other out!

HTH

K