Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last minute travel advice needed please

Last minute travel advice needed please

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

kerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nice
Red face Last minute travel advice needed please

Flying to Brisbane next week but need advice from anyone concerning how much cash/travellers cheques (either on their own or mixed) allowed on emigration visa ? are we limited?
Also baggage allowance PER SUIT CASE!
and hubby needs to take 4 or 6 best prize spanners in our suit case! will i be arrested! Can any one please advise us and asap please.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 10:56 pm
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Last minute travel advice needed please

Originally Posted by kerryinuk
Flying to Brisbane next week but need advice from anyone concerning how much cash/travellers cheques (either on their own or mixed) allowed on emigration visa ? are we limited?
and hubby needs to take 4 or 6 best prize spanners in our suit case! will i be arrested! Can any one please advise us and asap please.

You'll probably get a better response on the 'Lifestyle & Culture' forum if you haven't posted there yet. Good luck!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Last minute travel advice needed please

Originally Posted by kerryinuk
1. Can't be sure about money - someone else may help but I vaguely recall something about declaring over $10,000 but I may be completely wrong...
2. Health and safety regs state each piece of baggage shouldn't be over 32kg but don't know how strictly this is enforced. Doesn't change your total weight allowance though of course!!(I'm assuming you're not flying via North America but you might be I suppose!)
3. I can't see you'll have any probs with the spanners as long as theyre in your checked baggage and not hand luggage!

Madhu