Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anxiety Kicking In!

Anxiety Kicking In!

Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future
Default Anxiety Kicking In!

We sent off our tra to our agents in perth on the 12th dec. They have only just received our tra, as you can appreciate we were worrying it had been lost in the post and we would have to do it all again. Thankfully the agent says everything looks ok with it so it will be lodged tomorrow so we are underway now. My god if the stress levels are this high at this stge what will they be like six months down the line.
I am going as a hairdresser on a skilled visa applying from spain
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anxiety Kicking In!

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
We sent off our tra to our agents in perth on the 12th dec. They have only just received our tra, as you can appreciate we were worrying it had been lost in the post and we would have to do it all again. Thankfully the agent says everything looks ok with it so it will be lodged tomorrow so we are underway now. My god if the stress levels are this high at this stge what will they be like six months down the line.
Well all the best with the application, yes you will get more nervous as time goes on.
Why Perth? have you checked out the hairdressing system over here yet? The wages are pretty poor here.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

we travelled round aus last year and fell in love with perth more than anywhere else. I do hairdressing but i will be looking to set up my own business (salon) and my partner is in real estate so we shouldnt have any probs getting him work.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

we travelled round aus last year and fell in love with perth more than anywhere else. I do hairdressing but i will be looking to set up my own business (salon) and my partner is in real estate so we shouldnt have any probs getting him work.
at least you know how it works then, thats the main thing. Good luck and best wishes
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

A big welcome, hope all goes smoothly for you
S xx
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:47 am
Now an expat!

MonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your stress and anxiety, thinking it had got lost, however your post has made me feel much better. We sent our TRA off on 8th of Jan and was starting to worry already that I had not heard anything such as an acknowlegement, I will give it a few weeks before I start to worry proper!
I sent a Christmas card to my Aunt in Sydney and it only took a few days to arrive!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

things seeming a little better agent says tra looks great and should pass with no problems fingers crossed