Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just wanted to say Hi

Just wanted to say Hi

Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:51 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Just wanted to say Hi

Hello, I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hi. My fiance (who is an Aussie) and I are getting married in June next year and then hoping to move to Brissie v soon afterwards. I'll be applying for a spousal visa (I'm posting a question about that up on the immigration forum) so hopefully that'll all be fine. I don't really know if it'll complicate things that we're getting married just before we want to move.

But we've been getting really excited by reading this website and everyone seems to be so helpful and full of useful advise! We've got 18 months before we hope to move so I know this is a bit early but we're keen!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just wanted to say Hi

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Hello, I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hi. My fiance (who is an Aussie) and I are getting married in June next year and then hoping to move to Brissie v soon afterwards. I'll be applying for a spousal visa (I'm posting a question about that up on the immigration forum) so hopefully that'll all be fine. I don't really know if it'll complicate things that we're getting married just before we want to move.

But we've been getting really excited by reading this website and everyone seems to be so helpful and full of useful advise! We've got 18 months before we hope to move so I know this is a bit early but we're keen!
Yes you seem very keen, then towards the end you will be thinking "s#it"

Good luck
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:16 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with it all Emma & welcome to the site.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:45 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Awww bless, good luck for the wedding and the move, I hope you cope OK with the stress of it all. Just breathe deeply and take one day at a time.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Second Stage II is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to you. We were in a similar situ. a few years back. I also married an aussie and soon after applied for a spouse visa. It was still a long and hard process but it all got sorted in the end and we made for sydney where my wife's family lived. I think you will have a different kind of experience to that of an all brit couple migrating (some positive some negative).

We are ourselves heading to Brisbane in a week or two where I am taking up a new job. Really looking forward to experiencing the QLD lifestyle and 5 hectic years in sydney.

Good luck with it all.