Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another season in the Championship...

Another season in the Championship...

Old May 19th 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

AnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really niceAnalOwl is just really nice
Unhappy Another season in the Championship...

So, Ipswich failed to beat the play-off jinx again, and it's another season in the Championship for the Tractor Boys. Which means, being an Aussie based fan, no TV coverage and having to look up the scores on the BBC web site.

Any other Town fans out there? There must be a better way of keeping up with non-Premiership football down under.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there's still months of AFL to suffer...
Old May 19th 2005, 5:58 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another season in the Championship...

I suffer the same problem mate and will have greater difficulty now that we have been relegated down to League 1 now.

In fact the only game I saw extended highlights of on Aussie TV was the 6-0 thrashing we took from a team in Suffolk.
I mean Suffolk I thought they all had six fingers and still believed in the wicker man down there?!?!?!

The only way I think you can watch them is to subscribe on the official site and receive video footage. It will mean some strange hours being kept but should keep you in touch.

TT

Originally Posted by AnalOwl
So, Ipswich failed to beat the play-off jinx again, and it's another season in the Championship for the Tractor Boys. Which means, being an Aussie based fan, no TV coverage and having to look up the scores on the BBC web site.

Any other Town fans out there? There must be a better way of keeping up with non-Premiership football down under.

Old May 19th 2005, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
I suffer the same problem mate and will have greater difficulty now that we have been relegated down to League 1 now.

In fact the only game I saw extended highlights of on Aussie TV was the 6-0 thrashing we took from a team in Suffolk.
I mean Suffolk I thought they all had six fingers and still believed in the wicker man down there?!?!?!

The only way I think you can watch them is to subscribe on the official site and receive video footage. It will mean some strange hours being kept but should keep you in touch.

TT
TT glad to see i'm not the only forest fan to have left the UK and be settling in OZ (the OZ fan base must have DOUBLED now Im here)

Shame about ipswich I was hoping they would beat Derby in the play off final, but I think preston have even stopped them getting to final (tear in eye)

cheers
Old May 19th 2005, 6:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the game? It was soo one sided and Roylel changed his tune from we're the better team and have to prove it, to well they've just got better players than us and were too good for us
Old May 19th 2005, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fraser
Did you see the game? It was soo one sided and Roylel changed his tune from we're the better team and have to prove it, to well they've just got better players than us and were too good for us
didnt see the game, good look to the hammers in the final, did marlon score
Old May 19th 2005, 6:41 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
didnt see the game, good look to the hammers in the final, did marlon score
No Zamora go two both set up by Marlon the first a cross and a tap in, the second was when he picked up the ball outside our box when it broke to him fro your freekick he nut megged their player did one two and lofted a perfect diagonal ball into the box which bobby volleyed a lob with over their keeper.

Honestly that's the best I've seen westham play since the premiership apart from the first ten minutes there was only ever going to be one winner.

Thanks for the good wishes for the final
Old May 19th 2005, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I'm a Brighton fan and have no chance of seeing them in Oz - they are barely shown over here as it is!!!

SS
Old May 19th 2005, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
No Zamora go two both set up by Marlon the first a cross and a tap in, the second was when he picked up the ball outside our box when it broke to him fro your freekick he nut megged their player did one two and lofted a perfect diagonal ball into the box which bobby volleyed a lob with over their keeper.

Honestly that's the best I've seen westham play since the premiership apart from the first ten minutes there was only ever going to be one winner.

Thanks for the good wishes for the final
Good luck with the final fraser, They can be very tricky

This time last year in Aussie, We were faced with the prospect of no TV coverage for the play off final, Until an enterprising Westham fan, backed up by The Westham BBS (bulletin board service) And The Palace bulletin board service, took matters into their own hands, and underwrote feeds via Sentana in various Sentana (the irish cable tv network) venues around Australia. The whole thing was initiated basically the Supporters BBS's.

Every capital city took the feeds, with about 2000, paying West ham fans, and about 800 paying Palace fans, forked out 55 bucks each, to watch the games at venues like The Celtic club here In Melbourne, and affiliated 'sentanta' venues around Australia. I dont know if the same thing is going to happen this year re the coverage. I suggest Fraser, and other Westham supporters (who you playing by the way ?) and the opposition supporters, take a look at your supporters BBS's, so that you can watch the game live this year.

Dont worry Ipswich supporters, and others, Sheer weight of numbers will force this issue out in the open, I expect sometime later this year, Paying customers will be able to watch the bigger Championship games, As people are working very hard to make sure this eventuates.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 19th 2005 at 7:06 am.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I'm a Brighton fan and have no chance of seeing them in Oz - they are barely shown over here as it is!!!

SS
If there is a will and a way, one game that will be top of the list from a Palace point of view will be Palace v Brighton

You may be lonely though.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:10 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

There is actually an Aussie based Forest supporters club with quite a large membership. I was thinking of joining it now we are settled as they have regular get togethers etc.

As long as Derby dont go up I will be happy for tonight I am a PNE fan.

Really miss my trips to the City Ground I cannot fill my Saturdays now. Nothing quite like a day on the lash with your mates with football thrown in non of the sporting events over here compare to it i'm afraid.

Where abouts in Oz are you settling? and roll on next season when it will be Forest for promotion!!

cheers

TT

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
TT glad to see i'm not the only forest fan to have left the UK and be settling in OZ (the OZ fan base must have DOUBLED now Im here)

Shame about ipswich I was hoping they would beat Derby in the play off final, but I think preston have even stopped them getting to final (tear in eye)

cheers
Old May 19th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If there is a will and a way, one game that will be top of the list from a Palace point of view will be Palace v Brighton

You may be lonely though.

The highlight of the season........
Old May 19th 2005, 7:51 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
The highlight of the season........
Do you also support the Williamstown Seagulls AFL team?
Old May 19th 2005, 8:04 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps you should ask Barry Knight to referee more of your games, he seems to have a soft spot for you.
Old May 19th 2005, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or the bright side.

No more feeling pissed orf just after the game, no more 4-5-1 formations, no more 35 quid entry fees and having to buy the next games ticket as well, no putting up with glory hunting prawn sarny munching a...holes, Just real supporters supporting real clubs.

Wonder what will be the biggest game in the championship next season, I'm pretty sure from a Palace point of view, the one they look forwards to the most is indeed Palace v Brighton, It will be sold out, if the ground were big enough there would be well over 40,000 there.

It could well turn out to be West Ham v Palace (only joking fraser, best of luck)
Old May 19th 2005, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Or the bright side.

No more feeling pissed orf just after the game, no more 4-5-1 formations, no more 35 quid entry fees and having to buy the next games ticket as well, no putting up with glory hunting prawn sarny munching a...holes, Just real supporters supporting real clubs.

Wonder what will be the biggest game in the championship next season, I'm pretty sure from a Palace point of view, the one they look forwards to the most is indeed Palace v Brighton, It will be sold out, if the ground were big enough there would be well over 40,000 there.

It could well turn out to be West Ham v Palace (only joking fraser, best of luck)

As if a game with you could be big

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.