Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another season in the Championship...

Another season in the Championship...

Old May 20th 2005, 7:16 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another season in the Championship...

Originally Posted by Davey
My pal arranged his ticket 2 days before on that kumb site and met the fella in Cardiff (face value) so don't give up hope - there was also tickets around on the day last year if you keep your ear out and for not an outragous £300 - around the £60-80.

Hoping to get to oz Sept/Oct - House on the market - plenty of interested viewers - only problem no complete chains - so still on the market waiting.

How about yourself.

House is under offer first time buyers, so hopefully not until the season starts as would like to take my 3yr old to his first game.

Speak to you later work calls
Old May 20th 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Davey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fraser
House is under offer first time buyers, so hopefully not until the season starts as would like to take my 3yr old to his first game.

Speak to you later work calls
First time buyers what a catch -

Like you would love to take my boys 4 and 6 to a match b4 we go. The play-offs final would have been ideal but like the fella in 'Fever pitch' not sure i would like the responsibilty during such a tense match.

Games in early August are usually a treat - especially if they are premiership ones. - An added bonus we may even get to see some games downunder!
Old May 20th 2005, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a Suggestion for the top 5 games of this season in the fizzy pop league.

Sheffield United vs Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City vs Ipswich Town
Crystal Palace vs Brighton HA
Millwall vs West Ham
Luton vs Watford

Southampton need to find some rivals
Old May 20th 2005, 11:07 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Southampton need to find some rivals

shame the mackens have gone up. T'would be really confusing if they both pitched up to a match both wearin home kits!!
Old May 21st 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Mad Moggies R Us is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Another season in the Championship...

Originally Posted by NJJ
shame the mackens have gone up. T'would be really confusing if they both pitched up to a match both wearin home kits!!
Come on your R's . We hoping to be in Oz next year and was wondering if the are any QPR fans down under. Can anyone tell me if you can get games on the TV or cable for the Championship. One good thing I have subscribed to on thw web is QPR World, all teams have them on thier web sites it cost £38 a year. Lots of video interviews, match highlights, live radio coverage etc. Well worth it.

I'm lucky er in doors likes the R's but not beer, best of both worlds get to watch footie and have all the beers to my good self - RESULT

CAS
Old May 21st 2005, 1:42 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Moggies R Us
Come on your R's . We hoping to be in Oz next year and was wondering if the are any QPR fans down under. Can anyone tell me if you can get games on the TV or cable for the Championship. One good thing I have subscribed to on thw web is QPR World, all teams have them on thier web sites it cost £38 a year. Lots of video interviews, match highlights, live radio coverage etc. Well worth it.

I'm lucky er in doors likes the R's but not beer, best of both worlds get to watch footie and have all the beers to my good self - RESULT

CAS

No championship in OZ and I didn't think there were even any QPR fans here
Old May 21st 2005, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Moggies R Us

CAS
Welcome aboard, boy am I glad to see you,

(that'll make up for the 6 points lost in gillingham going down) lol

Seriously, have a good season
Old May 21st 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mad Moggies R Us is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Welcome aboard, boy am I glad to see you,

(that'll make up for the 6 points lost in gillingham going down) lol

Seriously, have a good season
Top Man

We will be up next season.

Cheers CAS
Old May 21st 2005, 9:41 pm
Cut on the dotted line...

Location: In the midst of Melb, right a little, down a little
gadgetMan will become famous soon enough

I'm a town fan now in melb for almost a year.. Have to make do with the Radio Suffold webcasts recorded in the night and then replayed on the way to work..

Typical of us to fall overin the Playoffs, however coming on Wigan in the Prem ?? - they wont get out bottom three all season - they'll even be in the bottom three before a ball is kicked..

Didnt see the home leg against the Hammers but the radio comm didnt sound too enthusiatic.. In manner ways gald we didnt go up as we really dont have much of an attacking team and would have struggled.

Cheers
Old May 21st 2005, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by gadgetMan
I'm a town fan now in melb for almost a year.. Have to make do with the Radio Suffold webcasts recorded in the night and then replayed on the way to work..

Typical of us to fall overin the Playoffs, however coming on Wigan in the Prem ?? - they wont get out bottom three all season - they'll even be in the bottom three before a ball is kicked..

Didnt see the home leg against the Hammers but the radio comm didnt sound too enthusiatic.. In manner ways gald we didnt go up as we really dont have much of an attacking team and would have struggled.

Cheers

Wigan will survive in the prem with big investment in players, they were superb for most of the season.

If you was listening to local Ipswich radio they'd of had no reason for enthusiasm as your team were simply outclassed for the second game in a row.

Hope that helps
Old May 21st 2005, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by fireeater
Do you also support the Williamstown Seagulls AFL team?
Erm......WHO?????????

Maybe I should.....

SS
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:56 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
No championship in OZ and I didn't think there were even any QPR fans here
there were some championship games on throughout the last season shown at a few venues around the country on sentana sports (pay per view). The games all featured west ham though as I think the TV rights are were only for those games. The venues charge $25 entrance fee.

As for QPR coverage, the blokes on Channel 9's "any given sunday" genral sports show have adopted QPR as their official English football team due to Ian Holloway's post match interviews. They showed a few clips of him being interviewed and making ridiculous comments and decided to follow their progress every week.

NJJ

PS - you may be interested in this site Fraser:

https://4tknox.au.com/dlagroup.com.au/soccer/game.htm
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:48 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

i wanna see boro play in europe!!!!! the tv here doesnt show uefa cup matches. poo heads!