Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another one taking the plunge....

Another one taking the plunge....

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:36 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Another one taking the plunge....

Hi everyone,

Well the time has come for us to start our adventure... We'll be off-line for a couple of weeks, (not that I've said much up until now as our computer is sailing it's way to Perth and I have had to grab 5 minutes here and there at work), but as soon as I get my hands on a computer I'll let you guys know how our move went. Like, if our fridge passed customs and any other questions that I will then be able to help with.
We're finishing work tomorrow - yeeeeee haaaaaaa!!!! So 1 and a half more days at work and 5 sleeps to go - not that I'm counting or anything!
Saturday evening we're going to paint the town red with some friends which should be fun. Sunday we're having a big "see-you-later" party with a pig roast and that's going to be an absolute blast. Monday, oh dear, is not going to be a good day. We'll be saying our goodbyes to hubby's family and that is definitely NOT going to be fun. We'll try and be strong but I know there's going to be loads of tears. After our goodbyes we'll drive down to Heathrow and spend the night in a hotel at the airport. Tuesday morning we'll check in and then fly to Singapore at 12h00. We'll stop off in Singapore for about 2 and a half hours and then continue to Perth. That's when it all starts! We both feel quiet weird right now and the emotions run from excited, can't wait to go... to... who's idea was this?, why are we doing this again? etc. Most strange!

Oh, one more thing before I go. A funny thing happened last night... We were watching that Life Down Under TV program on Channel 4. At the end of the program they said they'll be following the family that moved to Perth next week. I then mentioned what a pity that was as we'll miss it. Hubby then replied "who needs to watch the program anymore as we'll actually be doing it for real ourselves!" How true!

Well, that's all for now.
Good luck with where ever you are in your application process, it will come and you'll soon be on your way too.
Best of luck to everyone selling your houses, I hope you guys get a buyer quickly.

Take care,
Colleen
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another one taking the plunge....

Originally Posted by sunchaser
Oh, one more thing before I go. A funny thing happened last night... We were watching that Life Down Under TV program on Channel 4. At the end of the program they said they'll be following the family that moved to Perth next week. I then mentioned what a pity that was as we'll miss it. Hubby then replied "who needs to watch the program anymore as we'll actually be doing it for real ourselves!" How true!
Yip, actually doing it is a lot more fun than just watching.

Have fun, and good luck,

JTL
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:48 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

All the best Colleen and Hubby

Safe Journey

Julia
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Best of luck

Hi everyone,

Well the time has come for us to start our adventure... We'll be off-line for a couple of weeks, (not that I've said much up until now as our computer is sailing it's way to Perth and I have had to grab 5 minutes here and there at work), but as soon as I get my hands on a computer I'll let you guys know how our move went. Like, if our fridge passed customs and any other questions that I will then be able to help with.
We're finishing work tomorrow - yeeeeee haaaaaaa!!!! So 1 and a half more days at work and 5 sleeps to go - not that I'm counting or anything!
Saturday evening we're going to paint the town red with some friends which should be fun. Sunday we're having a big "see-you-later" party with a pig roast and that's going to be an absolute blast. Monday, oh dear, is not going to be a good day. We'll be saying our goodbyes to hubby's family and that is definitely NOT going to be fun. We'll try and be strong but I know there's going to be loads of tears. After our goodbyes we'll drive down to Heathrow and spend the night in a hotel at the airport. Tuesday morning we'll check in and then fly to Singapore at 12h00. We'll stop off in Singapore for about 2 and a half hours and then continue to Perth. That's when it all starts! We both feel quiet weird right now and the emotions run from excited, can't wait to go... to... who's idea was this?, why are we doing this again? etc. Most strange!

Good luck with where ever you are in your application process, it will come and you'll soon be on your way too.
Best of luck to everyone selling your houses, I hope you guys get a buyer quickly.

Take care,
Colleen
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:00 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Take care,
Colleen
Goodluck&All the best
Donna.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Have good weekend and trip out, see you at saucy party on 4th
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, good luck you guys!!

Have an awesome weekend and make the most of the time left here...then thinking about nothing more than the adventure ahead and love every minute of it!!!

All the best

Hels
xxx
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:20 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! We'll have a blast this weekend and try to remember it all. Alcohol does amazing things to my memory... !!

Teresa, I can't wait for the party and am looking forward to meeting you girls ! The new recruit reporting for duty!!

Colleen
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Best of luck Colleen for a safe and happy journey,
take care
hugs
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxx
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Good luck you guys and see you next week
Joanne
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:57 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Good luck you guys and see you next week
Joanne

Good luck, you two!! SOrry I never got a chance to meet you at a Sussex meet......Kala is out there at the moment too!

Have a safe journey

Lucyx
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Take care,
Colleen

Hi Colleen we'll be following two weeks behind you, fly on the 13th to Perth.

Have a great trip and we might see you over there!!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:28 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

ALL THE BEST SC!

don't forget to keep those washing machines under control and get on a bike asap! that's why we're going right? ok maybe just me then.

have fun! and safe travels.

Leigh
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:08 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Take care,
Colleen[/QUOTE]

Hi Colleen.

I am sure you will enjoy your boozy nights out, but like you say the `goodbyes`will be hard for you all.
We are hoping to go to Perth, keeping everything crossed that we will get our visas. We will have to set up a night out when everyone is finally out there !!!!

Best of luck to you and yours,
Safe journey

Deb
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

HERE'S TO AN AWESOME WEEKEND

AND THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFE TIME

Wishing you every happiness-safe journey.