Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

another ladies question?

another ladies question?

Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all
Question another ladies question?

Hi to all.
What is the situation with contraception in aus? Is it something that is included in medicare or is it done through private insurance. Is it advisable to renew long term iud's before you go? Many thanks
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice
Default Re: another ladies question?

Originally Posted by black cat
Hi to all.
What is the situation with contraception in aus? Is it something that is included in medicare or is it done through private insurance. Is it advisable to renew long term iud's before you go? Many thanks
Good question! I'd also like to know!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

fab question

do you have the injection contraception in oz???
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
fab question

do you have the injection contraception in oz???
Is that called Depo?

Do you use it? What do you think of it?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

yes its depo.

i dont have any probs tbh i have been on it for 10ys

stoped it in 2002 april - became pregnant feb/march 2003 baby born 21/11/03

had jab again jan 2004 -stoped taking it june 2004- became pregnant 6th march 2005 baby born 4/12/05

had jab feb 2006 bled on and off for a while now settled

present day have no periods

have heard that it can slow fertily down but i dont thi nk that was the case with me.

downside of depo is that you may lose your period but for me that a bonus as i had really heavy ones and now i dont have any

hitch xx
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

What about the Mirena coil?

I have just had my changed today (ouch!!! bit sore now!!) so will be due again in 5 years.

Thanks.

Jo
x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes its depo.

i dont have any probs tbh i have been on it for 10ys

stoped it in 2002 april - became pregnant feb/march 2003 baby born 21/11/03

had jab again jan 2004 -stoped taking it june 2004- became pregnant 6th march 2005 baby born 4/12/05

had jab feb 2006 bled on and off for a while now settled

present day have no periods

have heard that it can slow fertily down but i dont thi nk that was the case with me.

downside of depo is that you may lose your period but for me that a bonus as i had really heavy ones and now i dont have any

hitch xx
How often do you have to have the injections? I've had depo-provera in tablet form and it made me feel like crap. I wonder if the injection would be different for me?

Is the injection depo-provera or depo-'a word beginning with L'?

I found this link for the Marie Stopes Australia website, on the page there is a PDF of all contraception methods available in Aus.

http://www.mariestopes.com.au/servic...eptive_methods

Edit: Having looked through it, it's not that good at telling what you can get where, more what each kind does.

Last edited by LauraC; Jul 16th 2007 at 2:56 pm. Reason: added link and then added last sentence
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

depo prova

i have it every 12 weeks you can go to 13 weeks but i try to be just under 12

never heard about tablet form where did you get that from???
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

depo prova

i have it every 12 weeks you can go to 13 weeks but i try to be just under 12

never heard about tablet form where did you get that from???
I have endometriosis so it was prescribed by my gynecologist to get rid of it, it was just called Provera so maybe it's actually something else with a very similar name, though I can't think why that would be. It works the same way as the injection, stopping periods, felt like crap though!

Maybe I was wrong and it's not the same thing afterall!

Edit: Scrap all I've said! Just remembered it was called Zoladex, it said something about provera in the booklet that came with it. God I'm dumb at times!

The injection does sound like an interesting option though.

Also apologies to Black Cat for highjakcing the thread.

Last edited by LauraC; Jul 16th 2007 at 3:10 pm. Reason: it's up there!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:36 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all.
Maybe BlackCat you should talk to the women of Canberra we were discussing on Friday - I'm sure they'd know given their business interests!!!...
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Maybe BlackCat you should talk to the women of Canberra we were discussing on Friday - I'm sure they'd know given their business interests!!!...
I am sure they use industrial strength rubber!! Perhaps you could ask them for me as you seem so well informed!!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdraper
What about the Mirena coil?

I have just had my changed today (ouch!!! bit sore now!!) so will be due again in 5 years.

Thanks.

Jo
x
Originally Posted by LauraC
I have endometriosis so it was prescribed by my gynecologist to get rid of it, it was just called Provera so maybe it's actually something else with a very similar name, though I can't think why that would be. It works the same way as the injection, stopping periods, felt like crap though!

Maybe I was wrong and it's not the same thing afterall!

Edit: Scrap all I've said! Just remembered it was called Zoladex, it said something about provera in the booklet that came with it. God I'm dumb at times!

The injection does sound like an interesting option though.

Also apologies to Black Cat for highjakcing the thread.
Think I've just worked out how to mulit quote. I have a merena fitted, due again in 3 years, for endometriosis this is my third one and bar the fitting and discomfort, no periods !! Had the first 2 before having kids! would'nt want to have to change now, some research needed i think.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Think I've just worked out how to mulit quote. I have a merena fitted, due again in 3 years, for endometriosis this is my third one and bar the fitting and discomfort, no periods !! Had the first 2 before having kids! would'nt want to have to change now, some research needed i think.
How much does it hurt having the IUD fitted? Last time I was at the hospital the nurse said it would be a good idea but as they'd just had to scrape me off the ceiling after a smear, it may not be the best unless I was sedated.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LauraC
How much does it hurt having the IUD fitted? Last time I was at the hospital the nurse said it would be a good idea but as they'd just had to scrape me off the ceiling after a smear, it may not be the best unless I was sedated.
Have you had kids?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you had kids?
Nope. I expect it hurt quite a bit though! Do they even put them in women who haven't had kids?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.