Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Disaster.

Another Disaster.

Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:52 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Another Disaster.

Hi Guys,
We were on the verge of getting our visas granted,spoke with case officer & she was going to look at our case in a couple of hours,& email us her decision,she looked at the case,sent us an email at 5.30am to say they want meds for our eldest daughter,this is imposible,not spoke to my daughter in over a year,allot of you will know the situation.
Iam absolutely devastated,gutted cant explain,there is no way on this earth i can get my 16yr old daughter to do her med & all along this is right up her father & his parents street,they will wallow with great pride knowing they have put a hold on our life again.

Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Donna
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Disaster.

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Guys,
We were on the verge of getting our visas granted,spoke with case officer & she was going to look at our case in a couple of hours,& email us her decision,she looked at the case,sent us an email at 5.30am to say they want meds for our eldest daughter,this is imposible,not spoke to my daughter in over a year,allot of you will know the situation.
Iam absolutely devastated,gutted cant explain,there is no way on this earth i can get my 16yr old daughter to do her med & all along this is right up her father & his parents street,they will wallow with great pride knowing they have put a hold on our life again.

Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Donna
Donna does she have to be included in your application if you haven't spoken to her in over a year? I take it shes not going to oz? Can't understand why they'd want meds on her?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:05 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Donna does she have to be included in your application if you haven't spoken to her in over a year? I take it shes not going to oz? Can't understand why they'd want meds on her?

They have the right to ask for meds from anybody in your imediate family, even if not on the application.

How very unfortunate for you guys! Is there no way around it?

Siren
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
They have the right to ask for meds from anybody in your imediate family, even if not on the application.

How very unfortunate for you guys! Is there no way around it?

Siren
Noooooo! Thats so unfair, especially if you have no contact with them (in similar situation with my family)! I think some gentle persuation is needed. Haven't had to think about anything like this before. Maybe a nice word with CO explaining situation?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:12 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very annoying(to say the least!!!) situation, but I'm surprised you haven't heard this before!
It's been discussed on this forum many times before, and as far as I can remember there isn't a way around it...

Try a search to see what others have done.

Good luck!

Simone
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:16 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
It's a very annoying(to say the least!!!) situation, but I'm surprised you haven't heard this before!
It's been discussed on this forum many times before, and as far as I can remember there isn't a way around it...

Try a search to see what others have done.

Good luck!

Simone
For our sakes Simone lets hope there is a way around it.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:32 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
For our sakes Simone lets hope there is a way around it.
Hi Donna

Easy for me to say - but don't panic or get too upset.

Here are some quotes from previous posters on this issue:-

"Basically, in a situation like this you have to convince DIMIA it's 'unreasonable' for the child to be expected to do a medical. How to do this is going to vary from case to case and it's not a DIY area - hire an experienced professional if you've not already done so.

Jeremy"

"Basically you have to provide stat decs stating that you have requested the mother to allow the child to have a medical and she refused. You must prove that you have done everything possible to get the child's medical done. The mother could provide a stat dec stating that she refuses the child to have a medical.
Just remember... DIMIA deal with cases like this on a fairly regular basis. You are not alone and it is a solvable issue. Perhaps if you could get a message to the mother along these lines she'd be happy to oblige. Especially if (like my husband's ex) she is keen to see you out of the country and out of her child's life.
Get some expert advice on the specifics of the stat decs though. Fortunately in our case, the ex is so keen to get rid of us that she didn't stand in the way of the medical.
I have my fingers crossed for you. It's a tough time and is only made worse by the selfishness of people like this.

Ush"

"...get professional advice. These cases are not simple to resolve.

Jeremy"

In your situation I would initially speak to your agent to discuss the options, and at this stage don't turn to drink - you need a clear head! You can celebrate very heavily, once this has been resolved.

Good luck - our thoughts are with you
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:44 am

No shes not coming or on the application, but it is a requirement.
We,ve researched this thoroughly,got stat decs after a lengthy/unplesant fight with her father,we are over a year down the line here & were assured this wouldnt stand in our way but it has.
We have an agent so awaiting his advice.

Donna.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:32 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Donna whats going to happen next eh? Fingers crossed a way will be found for you to sort it all out. Then hopefully that black cloud that's been following you around will bugger off and let you get on with your life.

Good luck matey

Petra
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:33 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Donna,

Mate, what can I say? You've managed to get over all the obstacles that have been put in your way so far, this is just another. I'm presuming that things are no better between you and your daughter. Are things so irreconcilable that she would'nt do this one thing for you?

I'd rather not comment on your ex or his parents because there aren't enought rude/colourful words that would possibly come close to expressing my thoughts on them!!

You know where I am if you want a rant.

D D
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:48 am
Cheeky

Donna,

Sorry babe to hear this.....

I dont know what to say.

Like DD said if you need to off-load we are here for you.

Cheeky
xxx

Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say this is one of THE most rediculous things I have ever heard!! Why the heck do they want medicals for people that arent coming or even applying to come to Australia? Makes me wonder if the Govt arent getting kick backs from the Docs....

Donna, hon...I am so sorry to hear about this and I will be crossing everything that I can physically cross (I'm sure Hubby will be happy about that...NOT!! ) in the hopes that it is resolved in your favour....soon!!!

~hugs~

Hels
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:00 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Hels
I have to say this is one of THE most rediculous things I have ever heard!! Why the heck do they want medicals for people that arent coming or even applying to come to Australia? Makes me wonder if the Govt arent getting kick backs from the Docs....

Donna, hon...I am so sorry to hear about this and I will be crossing everything that I can physically cross (I'm sure Hubby will be happy about that...NOT!! ) in the hopes that it is resolved in your favour....soon!!!

~hugs~

Hels
I vaguely remember the reason they want meds is that they assume that one day that close family member may want to come out to Oz - and I think they would be able to automatically due to the fact they are off spring. They will have no idea about your situation and may asume that one day you may 'kiss and make-up'
I'm sure one of the agents commented on this months back.

Try posting on the 'immigration forum' and good luck

Jill

Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I vaguely remember the reason they want meds is that they assume that one day that close family member may want to come out to Oz - and I think they would be able to automatically due to the fact they are off spring. They will have no idea about your situation and may asume that one day you may 'kiss and make-up'
I'm sure one of the agents commented on this months back.

Try posting on the 'immigration forum' and good luck

Jill

I understand....still think its crap tho....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:19 am

Ive already went down that road & waived any right i have to sponsoring Sam at a later date in the future by issuing a stat dec,saying so.
I thought we had covered every situation,we even have a statement stating if we done things in a certain way it should be ok.
Agent is doing all he can at the moment & hopefully this statement will change things around for us.
We,ve been kicked down so many times throughout this whole process with one thing & another,i can honestly say im struggling to get back up from this,just in a huge downer just now,sorry folks.

Donna

Ps,they want meds done to ensure Sam is healthy & we are not abandoning a sickly child.but there are several reasons why they want meds done for kids that are staying.

Last edited by madsad; Nov 17th 2004 at 9:28 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.