Ambler Collins

Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Ambler Collins

has anyone had dealings with this agent? im starting to feel i have made wrong choice. bugger.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:05 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ambler Collins

Originally Posted by Jacqueline Rooks
has anyone had dealings with this agent? im starting to feel i have made wrong choice. bugger.
Never heard of them I'm afraid... Are they MARA registered??
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Never heard of them I'm afraid... Are they MARA registered??

sh*t sh*t sh*t no, doesnt look like it. "banging head on desk". a firm with similar name is in manly NSW which could be a holding company or whatever but i cant see they are in fact connected. bloody hell fire!!!! ARGHHHHHHH

thanks for reply by the way!! i do not believe it!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:37 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

From my experiance if you are not happy with your agent you should change now not later.

We tried a "cheap" internet only agent.
You pay a fee that allows you to ask questions via e-mail for 3 months. Rubbish

We then had an agent in central London MIRA registered.
But it turns out the salesmen and Director are MIRA registered the person we dealt with once we signed up knew less about migration then me.

We wasted 5 months with this agent, the points went up and they lost interest.

Found Go Matilda by chance, what a relief, they are excellant. (Still very relieved with my TRA pass)

The process is done in stages and you pay as you go.
Firstly you fill in some Data sheets that give them all the information to do your skills assesment and your visa.
Very time consuming to start with but much better to get on with it and there is plenty of help with instant answers to questions.
Our other agent would ask for some info or references etc then a couple of weeks later ask for something else and so on for months.
Very frustrating.

I can only talk from my point of view but I wish I had dumped our first agent and swallowed the lost money as soon as I realised thay were wrong for us.

We would probably have had our visa's or been turned down and getting on with something else if we had not wasted the 5 months.

Good luck

Kevin
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kevinl
From my experiance if you are not happy with your agent you should change now not later.

We tried a "cheap" internet only agent.
You pay a fee that allows you to ask questions via e-mail for 3 months. Rubbish

We then had an agent in central London MIRA registered.
But it turns out the salesmen and Director are MIRA registered the person we dealt with once we signed up knew less about migration then me.

We wasted 5 months with this agent, the points went up and they lost interest.

Found Go Matilda by chance, what a relief, they are excellant. (Still very relieved with my TRA pass)

The process is done in stages and you pay as you go.
Firstly you fill in some Data sheets that give them all the information to do your skills assesment and your visa.
Very time consuming to start with but much better to get on with it and there is plenty of help with instant answers to questions.
Our other agent would ask for some info or references etc then a couple of weeks later ask for something else and so on for months.
Very frustrating.

I can only talk from my point of view but I wish I had dumped our first agent and swallowed the lost money as soon as I realised thay were wrong for us.

We would probably have had our visa's or been turned down and getting on with something else if we had not wasted the 5 months.

Good luck

Kevin
oh god - thanks for your help. Ambler Collins are far from cheap - i dont mind forking out if i get the desired result but i have just done some research and they dont seem to be MARA registered but they are ARIA registered (wish i knew the bloody difference!!!). we are only at TRA stage - just gathered every last piece of evidence for submission so I guess now would be best time to change if that is what we decide. everyone seems to be singing praises of go matilda so you cant all be wrong!?!?!

thanks again.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We had problems (still are even though we gave them the boot in Oct ) and they were registered. If your having problems give them the boot, even if it means you may lose some money, it will save you time, money & stress later on.

Just put it in writing and get back the paperwork that is yours and find a new well recommended one from here.

Good luck

Sue
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi

We had problems (still are even though we gave them the boot in Oct ) and they were registered. If your having problems give them the boot, even if it means you may lose some money, it will save you time, money & stress later on.

Just put it in writing and get back what paperwork that is yours and find a new well recommended one from here.

Good luck

Sue
problems with Ambler Collins you mean?? oh blimey
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

No another agent, there are quite a few naff ones

I had alot of advise from Gomatilda which helped loads and since we had done the TRA with the agent, we done DIMIA ourself with the help from gsb on here.

How far have you got?

Sue
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

I had alot of advise from Gomatilda which helped loads and since we had done the TRA with the agent, we done DIMIA ourself with the help from gsb on here.

How far have you got?

Sue
we have just gathered all evidence and refs etc to submit to TRA. only i have seen various references on here to Go Matilda which have all been in favour but no one seems to have heard of Ambler Collins..... "wonders" ....
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

I`d say if they are not registered and your having doubts maybe you should look to change.

What has started to worry you?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:50 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yep, Ambler Collins are legit - have heard of them and been in touch with them, but we actually used OE Visas (they sponser the immigration forum here). Can't vouch for AC's work though, obviously. But, as others have said, if you have concerns don't keep a British stiff upper lip about it all!

Good luck,

GG

Originally Posted by Jacqueline Rooks
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

I`d say if they are not registered and your having doubts maybe you should look to change.

What has started to worry you?
the fact that no one has heard of them!!!! everyone seems to be raving about Go Matilda - they cant all be wrong..... can they......??
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi,

Yep, Ambler Collins are legit - have heard of them and been in touch with them, but we actually used OE Visas (they sponser the immigration forum here). Can't vouch for AC's work though, obviously. But, as others have said, if you have concerns don't keep a British stiff upper lip about it all!

Good luck,

GG

i want to get the job done, i want it done swiftly and i want it done right first time - am i asking too much??
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:20 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

How far have you got?

Sue

Could you tell me how much they charge have had one quote of THE EMIGRATION GROUP as follows

Retainer fee £1800
Skills Application fee £595
Completion fee £795
Soliciter copies £175
Medicals £200 per person
Police certs £10.00
Migration application $1845
Skills Assessment $300-$500

A lot of dosh
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pike
Could you tell me how much they charge have had one quote of THE EMIGRATION GROUP as follows

Retainer fee £1800
Skills Application fee £595
Completion fee £795
Soliciter copies £175
Medicals £200 per person
Police certs £10.00
Migration application $1845
Skills Assessment $300-$500

A lot of dosh

HOLY MOTHER - thats a lot!!!! for one, i think you will find solicitors fees are a lot less - are they just giving you a guide or is their brother in law a solicitor and laughing all way to the bank. i have worked law for 20 years - no way it that much!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.