Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amazing coincidences

Amazing coincidences

Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Amazing coincidences

I was at the marina yesterday having lunch with several other expat wives. I went into the cafe to buy a drink. Whilst waiting, a man appeared in the doorway.

Suddenly, he yelled "AHA!!..English accent..has to be Nicki!" ...to my complete astonishment, it was one of the drivers who worked for me back in UK!!!!!...he is here on holiday with his girlfriend who also worked for me in my office. I am still in a state of shock.

Now, what are the odds of two people meeting 12,000 miles from home, who lived in the same street and worked together, being in the same place at the same time 5yrs after saying goodbye!! :scared:

Anyone else had this happen?

P.S. he now wants me to help him get into Oz permanently..LOL
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amazing coincidences

Originally posted by podgypossum
I was at the marina yesterday having lunch with several other expat wives. I went into the cafe to buy a drink. Whilst waiting, a man appeared in the doorway.

Suddenly, he yelled "AHA!!..English accent..has to be Nicki!" ...to my complete astonishment, it was one of the drivers who worked for me back in UK!!!!!...he is here on holiday with his girlfriend who also worked for me in my office. I am still in a state of shock.

Now, what are the odds of two people meeting 12,000 miles from home, who lived in the same street and worked together, being in the same place at the same time 5yrs after saying goodbye!! :scared:

my mate from Oz told me a good one. A year ago a couple of girls from Switzerland stayed with him in Melbourne. After exchanging e-mails and numbers etc jump forward to last wednesday. He was in Zurich doing some snow-boarding and needed a place to crash so decided to e-mail the girls he met last year. On the way to the internet cafe with the the address in his hand he bumped into the very same girls. Cue x-files music!
On the other hand he is one the biggest liars i have ever met so it may all be horseshit
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:21 pm
WBB

Originally posted by elbow
On the other hand he is one the biggest liars i have ever met so it may all be horseshit

Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:25 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

funny you should say this but is his name DAVE , cos i was pissed as a fart in Georgia Usa bout 8 years ago and im sure this is the same guy ... mind u may not be
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:26 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB

theres a site JAY uses, for SMILIES, and im sure you can group 3 or more together and save them, may save on keystrokes !
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Last February we stopped over in KL on the way to Brisbane. First morning we are in the Petronas Towers and someone calls 'Lesley!'. It was someone we used to work with at an office near Gatwick before we retired a few years ago. We thought he was in Perth but he was actually working just down the road in KL.

Years ago we stopped over in Singapore. At breakfast we bumped into an Austrian couple we had worked with in Turkey. They were on their way to Jakarta.

Small world?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
funny you should say this but is his name DAVE , cos i was pissed as a fart in Georgia Usa bout 8 years ago and im sure this is the same guy ... mind u may not be

ROFLMAO.....actually YES!!...he is called Dave!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:32 pm
WBB

theres a site JAY uses, for SMILIES, and im sure you can group 3 or more together and save them, may save on keystrokes !
i use a mouse, ig.

Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:33 pm
Banned

ROFLMAO.....actually YES!!...he is called Dave!

NICKI i tellya theres a CONNECTION pmsl mad < and i was bein serious bout dave in georgia lmao
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

:scared: :scared:

Hi PP that is weird! That happened to me once. I had a really good mate that was also called Debs. We lost touch when I went to live overseas. Anyway, my husband was managing a hotel and we went for lunch in the hotel restaurant and someone screamed out my name and it was my mate. I couold not believe it - all the hotels in the world and she had picked that one. It was a large hotel so if we had been in the restaurant at different times I might never of even seen her:scared: It was really weird.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

NICKI i tellya theres a CONNECTION pmsl mad < and i was bein serious bout dave in georgia lmao

SPOOOOOOOOKY :scared:
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:43 pm
Banned

SPOOOOOOOOKY :scared:

u r telling me , we got chatting couple or 3 years ago with a family in brisbane...

anyway we got on like a house on fire, you know how aussies are they kinda take it or leave it and make no bones of bein upfront lol...

well we got on great, anyway her name was tish oops still is we left uk for a recky of brissy and she said come stay at ours,... we did...

turns out her name is same as my mums both forename and surname, her dads got same name as my dads dad and her mum same as my dads mum.. that 3 sets of people with duplicated and paired names 12k apart... now thats spooky
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:49 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

a place where I was working temporarily for (1 month), a guy who worked at a different office and only visited where I was working infrequently. Sitting behind me we got into conversation, and somehow came to find out that this guy use to work with my Dad some 18 odd years ago :scared: :scared:

another one involved someone else. Was in pub in London with a friend, a woman walks in he recognises. She says hello - to his mate. Turns out she went to school with his mate (and not seen each other since), he had meet her in Fiji :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future

We were in NZ over Christmas.

Whilst in Nelson, we climbed a steep hill in a park which is supposed to be the 'centre' of New Zealand. As we watched the sun set at the top, a couple with English accents struggled to the top. They were from our town, a little town of 12,000 in Essex.

Such a weird feeling.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:09 pm
Go Banana's !!

Met a couple in Perth at Hillarys - who's Aunty lives 100 yrds up the road !! Coming to see us at the end of the month !!

Sat behind a lady in Disney, on a tram, who used to be our department PA, but looked like she still didn't like me.........

So that's two to add to the list

Jill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.