Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am living the dream in Perth!!!!!

Am living the dream in Perth!!!!!

Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Am living the dream in Perth!!!!!

Hi guys,
We have safely arrived in Perth and have been here for just over a week!! Absolutley loving it! Living close to the city so quite handy, got ourselves a car and hubby started work a couple of days ago and I should be starting after the Xmas break!
Have a BBQ area & Pool with flat so have had 4 BBQs already and been out with friends nearly every night! Been to the Cott on a sunday, Kings Park, well I could go on for a while! Feels like a holiday but am sure will all settle down soon. Either way we love it here so much I hope we never ever have to go back ( not planning to return!)
Anyway guys have just started up so if anyone has any queries do ask!
Hows everyone enjoying the beautiful weather - i am lovin it!!!!
Salonit
Old Dec 11th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Am living the dream in Perth!!!!!

Originally Posted by salonit
Hi guys,
We have safely arrived in Perth and have been here for just over a week!! Absolutley loving it! Living close to the city so quite handy, got ourselves a car and hubby started work a couple of days ago and I should be starting after the Xmas break!
Have a BBQ area & Pool with flat so have had 4 BBQs already and been out with friends nearly every night! Been to the Cott on a sunday, Kings Park, well I could go on for a while! Feels like a holiday but am sure will all settle down soon. Either way we love it here so much I hope we never ever have to go back ( not planning to return!)
Salonit
We've been here, near Sydney, for 2 and a half years and I still feel like I'm on holiday!! We have just realised our dreams, leaving on acreage now with horses, sheep and chickens. Only down side to our dream is that we are still renting, there is no way we could afford to buy acreage near Sydney!!! still you never know, we might win the lotto!! Lifes been grand, kids are happy, and we are enjoying living our life.

Mandy
Old Dec 11th 2004, 4:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
Salonit
Congrats on the work!

yeah, first few weeks always feel's like holidays, that's why it's called the honeymoon period!
It will settle (probably) when you start working!

Enjoy the summer while you're not working!

Doing anything tomorrow afternoon??? We're meeting up in King's Park!

Where are you staying?
We're near the city too.

Good luck with everything (doesn't sound like you'll need it! )
Old Dec 12th 2004, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Simone
Congrats on the work!

yeah, first few weeks always feel's like holidays, that's why it's called the honeymoon period!
It will settle (probably) when you start working!

Enjoy the summer while you're not working!

Doing anything tomorrow afternoon??? We're meeting up in King's Park!

Where are you staying?
We're near the city too.

Good luck with everything (doesn't sound like you'll need it! )
Hi just spotted this! - you must be on your way to the meet!
we are going to a friends house for a lunch BBQ but may try and pop into Kings Park en route! Forgive me if we do make it and dont know anyones names as have been so busy and havent been on here lately!
see yah!
Salonit
Old Dec 12th 2004, 2:32 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Hi guys,
Salonit
Welcome to Perth,
We have been here about six weeks and got ourselves sorted with job cars bought house etc so now relaxing until I start work

Good Luck

Paul J
Old Dec 12th 2004, 8:47 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ooh, sounds fab!!
Hope the 'honeymoon period' keeps on going for you!!

good luck with it all!

sue
Old Dec 13th 2004, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Intnl Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Am living the dream in Perth!!!!!

Hi! Should be joining your dream in Feb/March - any suggestions where to settle with 3 kids of school age? Hubby will work in central Perth so need to be an area at a commutable distance and family friendly. Am beach bum, hence rather coast side than inland. All suggestions appreciated!