Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking medicals before receiving case number?

Booking medicals before receiving case number?

Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Andrew_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Booking medicals before receiving case number?

Hi people

Any advice on this one would be greatly appreciated!

139 Application, submitted 1st November 2004.
Police checks already sent.
As yet no case file number has been received and medicals have not been requested but going by similar cases, should be requested soon.
Working in US for 2 months from January 3rd so will be unable to get medical completed if it is requested in January / February.

Problem -

I have booked my medical today (in anticipation of everything else going smoothly!), doctor told me I will need address to send and case file number prior to medical being completed as she will be sending direct to Dimia and will definatly not give me the completed forms to send on.

Any ideas as to what I can/should do if I have not received my case number by then?

Many thanks
Andrew.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: caerphilly, south wales, avonsleigh, melbourne as of 30/03/05!!!!
carloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Booking medicals before receiving case number?

Originally Posted by Andrew_g
Hi people

As yet no case file number has been received and medicals have not been requested but going by similar cases, should be requested soon.
Working in US for 2 months from January 3rd so will be unable to get medical completed if it is requested in January / February.

Problem -

I have booked my medical today (in anticipation of everything else going smoothly!), doctor told me I will need address to send and case file number prior to medical being completed as she will be sending direct to Dimia and will definatly not give me the completed forms to send on.

Any ideas as to what I can/should do if I have not received my case number by then?

Many thanks
Andrew.
we went for our meds before we got a case ref number, our doctor said that it wasnt a problem! she said we could give her a ring when we recieved the number and she would hold on to them until we had our number!
luckily enough the number arrived before the blood tests came back
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:03 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Booking medicals before receiving case number?

Originally Posted by Andrew_g
Hi people

Problem -

Many thanks
Andrew.

we applied on a 136, and it took 52 days before we got our case number mid october until last monday, so it might turn up sooner than you think