Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

am i blanking it out?

am i blanking it out?

Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default am i blanking it out?

Hi all

well i fly in five days, but not really thought about it, haven't even got my suitcase bought yet.

People keep saying to my 'Oh you must be really excited' or 'aren't you scared' and i just reply with, 'havent really thought about it much'

which is the truth...now im worrying over whether this is normal or am i just trying to blank it out.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:57 am
formerly Poppy

Poppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to all
Default Re: am i blanking it out?

Know what you mean, that was the same for me! I think for me, it was the fact that I was so busy sorting other things out, like our house, sending letters off and basically closing our lives down in the UK that I didn't have time to think about it, there just was not the brain capacity to fit anymore thoughts in, it was rammed with lists!

I see you're from the Boro. I'm originally from Northallerton, but left there in 1982 for London. My mum was born in North Ormsby Road, my Nan and Grandad had a shop there, but thats going back many years. My Nan was a Manageress in Van Allans in Middlesborough for years too, don't know if you are from there originally?

Where are you heading?

Good luck!
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

All sounds perfectly normal, lolly, though there is no normal here. You just do what you do and everyone else does what they do.

Go buy that suitcase, because once the time is gone, you can't get it back. Any sales on nearby?
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy 2
Know what you mean, that was the same for me! I think for me, it was the fact that I was so busy sorting other things out, like our house, sending letters off and basically closing our lives down in the UK that I didn't have time to think about it, there just was not the brain capacity to fit anymore thoughts in, it was rammed with lists!

I see you're from the Boro. I'm originally from Northallerton, but left there in 1982 for London. My mum was born in North Ormsby Road, my Nan and Grandad had a shop there, but thats going back many years. My Nan was a Manageress in Van Allans in Middlesborough for years too, don't know if you are from there originally?

Where are you heading?

Good luck!
god was born in north ormesby...leven street..lived there till i was about 7...loved it.

Im heading for South Australia but a very small town called Yunta that is nearer NSW than adelaide. Only 40 people there but i have a job in the school which has 10 children in.

Im hoping to meet up with some people before i travel to yunta just to make some connections, will have to put a begging thread on see if i get any offers for a meet.

regards

lolly
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
All sounds perfectly normal, lolly, though there is no normal here. You just do what you do and everyone else does what they do.

Go buy that suitcase, because once the time is gone, you can't get it back. Any sales on nearby?
Im off to town tomorrow, and the next and m&s sales start tomorrow so shall give those two shops a wide berth.

Im just getting out an about in my next few days...mostly to the gym...now i def know im not in the right frame of mind..lol
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:15 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: am i blanking it out?

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Hi all

well i fly in five days, but not really thought about it, haven't even got my suitcase bought yet.
Our suitcase ripped in two the night before we were due to fly! - Rushed up and down the Edgware Road at 9.30pm desperately trying to find a shop that sold suitcases - ended up with one that weighs 6kg empty!

Buzzy