Reload this Page >

Am I being too hopeful?

Am I being too hopeful?

Old Apr 30th 2002, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I being too hopeful?

Hi guys.

Let me give you a timeline of my application, and see what you think.

April 17 : Submitted application (Spouse sponsored, married 6 years, together 10, 2 children) along with medicals.

April 24 : Fee cheque cashed by AHC.

April 29 : Got acknowledgment letter from AHC, saying usual blurb about 6 month average processing, chronological order and all that. Also asked for Police Clearance Certificates which I will send off today.

The question : as a devotee of this forum, I get the impression that once they have asked for medicals and Police Certs, it is only a matter of weeks before they issue the visa. If that is so, have I been extremely lucky in getting things processed to this stage in 2 weeks, or have AHC changed their policy, and won't do anything until they have Police certs and Medicals?

We were hoping for a quick processing time, but this could be ridiculous!

Mark
Old Apr 30th 2002, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Am I being too hopeful?

Mark

As regular posters to this forum will already know Our spouse visa took only 6 weeks from start to finish (visa stamped into passport and back into our hands), so I would guess it sounds about right!! It's exciting isn't it?

love sophia x
Old Apr 30th 2002, 1:00 pm
Jaj

Out of interest, have you registered your children as Australian citizens by descent?

Jeremy

>On 30 Apr 2002 11:00:01 GMT, bsftaylorm <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi guys.
    >
    >Let me give you a timeline of my application, and see what you think.
    >
    >April 17 : Submitted application (Spouse sponsored, married 6 years, together 10, 2
    >children) along with medicals.

Old Apr 30th 2002, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeremy

We sent off the application about 4 weeks ago for my daughters to be registered as Australian by descent. I hope there will not be a problem - my wife is Australian by birth.

Hope this is informative, and thank you Jeremy for your contributions to this forum over the past couple of months - your insight has proved most useful.

Do you think I should expect my visa soon, or is there a change of policy at AHC?

Mark