jobs for teens

Old Apr 21st 2002, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

saunders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs for teens

Hi this is saunders daughter, I was woundering how old u have 2 b 2 work in Oz? and what kind of sat/evening jobs are availible for teenages? and how much the pay is!
Old Apr 24th 2002, 7:30 am
Helena

Default Re: jobs for teens

"saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi this is saunders daughter, I was woundering how old u have 2 b 2 work in Oz? and
    > what kind of sat/evening jobs are availible for teenages? and how much the pay is!

It might vary state to state but here in W.A., you can be under 16 to be able to
work. Most teens (including my son and his friends) go for jobs at Maccas, Pizza Hut,
the local deli, department stores, etc. As far as rate of pay, if you're a casual
employee under 16 years of age, I believe the minimum rate is $4.60 per hour. It goes
up about $1.20/hr for each year.

Good luck,

Helena

Old Apr 26th 2002, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thankyou for the information!
Old Apr 30th 2002, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

timsorrell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Here's another answer for you - I asked our 15 yr old neighbour, I don't know how accurate the answer is but you get the idea. She says you have to be 14 years and 9 months to be able to work here in Queensland, and the minimum sal is $6.82 an hour. Younger than that and it's a case of persuading a friendly shopkeeper, and in that case perhaps as young as 12 depending on how old you look! She from 13yr's old got $5 an hour for working in a patisserie, fruit & veg shop etc for after school on some days, and on Saturdays. Apparently McDonalds here pay a flat $7 / hour. Babysitting here would probably get $5/hour too. Teenage Nanny through an agency, 18 years old would get $200 a week + food/accomodation. If direct and not officially allowed, as low as $100/week but again with all food/accomodation - living as part of the family.
Cheers
Tim http://emigrate.hotshopping.com.au
Old Apr 30th 2002, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Tim for the info