Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am I a bad mummy?

Am I a bad mummy?

Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am I a bad mummy?

Well... went to Tesco Express this morning, for a few bits -milk etc. While there I spotted a real bargain - large tubes of sweets etc. buy 2 for £2.00.
Got home, felt a bit peckish and started on the smarties, almost without thinking. Well, she's got the white chocolate buttons to herself and I'm going to the gym 3 x a week so can afford a few smarties... what do you think???!!! Am I a mean mummy or does anyone else do that kind of thing? Can chocolate ever really be safe in the same house as a chocolate crazed sheila?
:scared:
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:56 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Larissa,
I thought this was part of being a mother, testing the goodies to make sure they're safe, tasty, have no nasty effects etc.
You are just protecting your children, I think its a very selfless act to force yourself to sample the goods!

Michaela
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:03 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I a bad mummy?

reminds me of the jaffa cake ad, with the teacher eating all the jaffas whilst the children look on with dismay - thats I suppose was a bit cruel, were your children watching?

anyway I do believe that tescos is going to be open between now & xmas so you can always get some more

Should try be brought up with parents owning a chocolate shop - mmmmmmmm
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:15 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

You are not a bad mummy at all - you are looking after their teeth!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollster
You are not a bad mummy at all - you are looking after their teeth!
It's a dad thing too *burp!*
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:21 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Am I a bad mummy?

Originally posted by Larissa
Well... went to Tesco Express this morning, for a few bits -milk etc. While there I spotted a real bargain - large tubes of sweets etc. buy 2 for £2.00.
Got home, felt a bit peckish and started on the smarties, almost without thinking. Well, she's got the white chocolate buttons to herself and I'm going to the gym 3 x a week so can afford a few smarties... what do you think???!!! Am I a mean mummy or does anyone else do that kind of thing? Can chocolate ever really be safe in the same house as a chocolate crazed sheila?
:scared:
I keep all the sweets and chocolate bars etc, in my study desk, (out of bounds) keeping them safe so that I can ration them for health reasons , its not my fault if she forgets we bought them is it ? and when she remembers, that they have mysteriously dissapeared.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh,

No way are you a bad mother.
I bought my 2 sons a selection box each, however got a bit peckish the other night and ate one!!
Then I realized that I must always treat them equal, that meant I couldnt just give one of them a box.
\the result, yep you guessed it. I ate the other one.
So none of them get a selection box.

To me that is being a good mother, treting them fairly.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:47 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Must stop reading this thread now, my daughters friend gave her a thorntons choc. father christmas this morning and it is torturing me from the kitchen!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Larissa - how would I know? I have only got two tins of roses locked in a combination lock samsonite suitcase where nobody else can find them!!! I only eat them when they have all gone to bed - yes I am a chocolate vampire:scared:

Last edited by debsy; Dec 16th 2003 at 10:22 am.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Larissa

It's in the job description

" All mummies have the right to test out all foodstuffs (especially choccies) before anyone else gets to them.

Kepp it up you're doing a fine job!!!

booboo
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Gosh,

No way are you a bad mother.
I bought my 2 sons a selection box each, however got a bit peckish the other night and ate one!!
Then I realized that I must always treat them equal, that meant I couldnt just give one of them a box.
\the result, yep you guessed it. I ate the other one.
So none of them get a selection box.

To me that is being a good mother, treting them fairly.

This is killing me

booboo
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

It's me again

just remembered some years back I bought hubby an easter egg but it was broken. I thought "I can't give my beloved an egg in this condition" so I promptly ate it....

I also forgot to buy him a replacement....You ought to have seen his face when I had to explain what had happened. I had to tell him it was a sign of my true undying love for him thtat I could not give him an egg that was not up to the quality he would expect and tht he deserved....

booboo
hehehehe
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by booboo
It's me again

just remembered some years back I bought hubby an easter egg but it was broken. I thought "I can't give my beloved an egg in this condition" so I promptly ate it....

I also forgot to buy him a replacement....You ought to have seen his face when I had to explain what had happened. I had to tell him it was a sign of my true undying love for him thtat I could not give him an egg that was not up to the quality he would expect and tht he deserved....

booboo
hehehehe
hehehehe
The smarties are calling!!! Actually, I'm starting to feel a bit sick now, so I might leave off
Larissa
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:02 am
ABCDiamond

This thread has made me feel not as guilty as I used to feel, knowing now that I am not alone !!

Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:31 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

all this talk of chocolate has reminded me that I have opened my advent calendar for a few days.

Just got it from the other room..... and the last choco date was 9th, that means I have 7 bits of chocolate to eat, excuse me for a while

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.