British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Am I a bad mummy? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/am-i-bad-mummy-197096/)

Larissa Dec 16th 2003 8:50 am

Am I a bad mummy?

Well... went to Tesco Express this morning, for a few bits -milk etc. While there I spotted a real bargain - large tubes of sweets etc. buy 2 for £2.00.
Got home, felt a bit peckish and started on the smarties, almost without thinking. Well, she's got the white chocolate buttons to herself and I'm going to the gym 3 x a week so can afford a few smarties... what do you think???!!! Am I a mean mummy or does anyone else do that kind of thing? Can chocolate ever really be safe in the same house as a chocolate crazed sheila?
:scared:

ANA123 Dec 16th 2003 8:56 am

Larissa,
I thought this was part of being a mother, testing the goodies to make sure they're safe, tasty, have no nasty effects etc.
You are just protecting your children, I think its a very selfless act to force yourself to sample the goods!
;) ;) ;)

Michaela

walaj Dec 16th 2003 9:03 am

Re: Am I a bad mummy?

reminds me of the jaffa cake ad, with the teacher eating all the jaffas whilst the children look on with dismay - thats I suppose was a bit cruel, were your children watching? :eek:

anyway I do believe that tescos is going to be open between now & xmas so you can always get some more:D

Should try be brought up with parents owning a chocolate shop - mmmmmmmm

Pollster Dec 16th 2003 9:15 am

You are not a bad mummy at all - you are looking after their teeth! :D

CHnJ Dec 16th 2003 9:20 am

Originally posted by Pollster
You are not a bad mummy at all - you are looking after their teeth! :D
It's a dad thing too *burp!*

ABCDiamond Dec 16th 2003 9:21 am

Re: Am I a bad mummy?

Originally posted by Larissa
Well... went to Tesco Express this morning, for a few bits -milk etc. While there I spotted a real bargain - large tubes of sweets etc. buy 2 for £2.00.
Got home, felt a bit peckish and started on the smarties, almost without thinking. Well, she's got the white chocolate buttons to herself and I'm going to the gym 3 x a week so can afford a few smarties... what do you think???!!! Am I a mean mummy or does anyone else do that kind of thing? Can chocolate ever really be safe in the same house as a chocolate crazed sheila?
:scared:
I keep all the sweets and chocolate bars etc, in my study desk, (out of bounds) keeping them safe so that I can ration them for health reasons :D :D , its not my fault if she forgets we bought them is it ? and when she remembers, that they have mysteriously dissapeared. :)

S Oldfield Dec 16th 2003 9:43 am

Gosh,

No way are you a bad mother.
I bought my 2 sons a selection box each, however got a bit peckish the other night and ate one!!
Then I realized that I must always treat them equal, that meant I couldnt just give one of them a box.
\the result, yep you guessed it. I ate the other one.
So none of them get a selection box.

To me that is being a good mother, treting them fairly.

ANA123 Dec 16th 2003 9:47 am

Must stop reading this thread now, my daughters friend gave her a thorntons choc. father christmas this morning and it is torturing me from the kitchen!

debsy Dec 16th 2003 10:01 am

Larissa - how would I know? I have only got two tins of roses locked in a combination lock samsonite suitcase where nobody else can find them!!!:D I only eat them when they have all gone to bed - yes I am a chocolate vampire:scared:

booboo1 Dec 16th 2003 10:16 am

Hey Larissa

It's in the job description

" All mummies have the right to test out all foodstuffs (especially choccies) before anyone else gets to them.

Kepp it up you're doing a fine job!!!

booboo;)

booboo1 Dec 16th 2003 10:18 am

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Gosh,

No way are you a bad mother.
I bought my 2 sons a selection box each, however got a bit peckish the other night and ate one!!
Then I realized that I must always treat them equal, that meant I couldnt just give one of them a box.
\the result, yep you guessed it. I ate the other one.
So none of them get a selection box.

To me that is being a good mother, treting them fairly.

This is killing me :D

booboo

booboo1 Dec 16th 2003 10:22 am

It's me again

just remembered some years back I bought hubby an easter egg but it was broken. I thought "I can't give my beloved an egg in this condition" so I promptly ate it....

I also forgot to buy him a replacement....You ought to have seen his face when I had to explain what had happened. I had to tell him it was a sign of my true undying love for him thtat I could not give him an egg that was not up to the quality he would expect and tht he deserved....
:eek:

booboo
hehehehe

Larissa Dec 16th 2003 10:56 am

Originally posted by booboo
It's me again

just remembered some years back I bought hubby an easter egg but it was broken. I thought "I can't give my beloved an egg in this condition" so I promptly ate it....

I also forgot to buy him a replacement....You ought to have seen his face when I had to explain what had happened. I had to tell him it was a sign of my true undying love for him thtat I could not give him an egg that was not up to the quality he would expect and tht he deserved....
:eek:

booboo
hehehehe
hehehehe :D :D :D
The smarties are calling!!! Actually, I'm starting to feel a bit sick now, so I might leave off :D
Larissa

ABCDiamond Dec 16th 2003 11:02 am

This thread has made me feel not as guilty as I used to feel, knowing now that I am not alone !! :D :D

walaj Dec 16th 2003 11:31 am

all this talk of chocolate has reminded me that I have opened my advent calendar for a few days.

Just got it from the other room..... and the last choco date was 9th, that means I have 7 bits of chocolate to eat, excuse me for a while :D :D :D