Alone in Oz?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

sazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nice
Default Re: Alone in Oz??

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi nothing ventured, nothing gained. Yeah the leaving family bit is hard but if this is something you want to try you are doing the right thing for you then I don't think folk can fault you for that.
Yeah the NHS is not what is used to be. I have spent 28 years working for it and the changes are not all for the good.
How far on are you with the process of emigration?

Donna

I have my visa through and would go tomorrow if I could! but my sister is expecting and I wanted to meet my neice before I fly over.
I suppose I cam thank the NHS that it has given me a career where I am able to find work easily!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

sazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blooregard Q Kazoo
I'm looking at Sydney as there appears to be more of a demand for what I do there, I'm a computer programmer.

I'm going across on the 3month ETA. I've got some savings that I'm going to use to live on whilst I apply for the proper work visa. Hopefully getting work shouldn't be too difficult.

Good Luck! I hope everything works out for you
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Blooregard Q Kazoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!, I'm sure it'll work out fine for both of us
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:15 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Im going on my own. I fly out June 2nd. I was staying with a friend but she is now coming back to England as soon as she can. I've been looking all day at areas to rent. Doing it alone is harder but I feel if all goes well I will get more satisfaction from what I have achieved.

If you want someone to talk too or fancy passing on some advice feel free to pass it this way

Marc.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:28 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzle.uk
Hello,

I am due to relocate to Perth in June this year. I am a diagnostic radiographer here in the u.k and I will be making the trip alone.
I am rather worried about going over be myself and I am wondering if I will find it all too much and too lonely.
Im 31 years old and it has always been my dream to live in Oz after visiting 2 years ago.
Has anyone else moved to Oz alone and had a positive experience?
Im hoping to make friends with the people I will be working for.

Many Thanks

Sarah
If you are off to Perth sure there will be lots of offers from here to meet up have drinks etc....Im sure it wont be as bad as some of the things you are thinking about...I would love to be on my own!!
I am sure you wont be alone for long... x
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

dave0706 has a brilliant futuredave0706 has a brilliant futuredave0706 has a brilliant futuredave0706 has a brilliant futuredave0706 has a brilliant futuredave0706 has a brilliant futuredave0706 has a brilliant future

Hi Sarah,

I'm going out to Perth in May on my own and won't know anyone So you are not alone in that respect.

I have some apprehensions like you, and will be leaving friends and family behind, but the way I look at it you only live once! What's the worst that can happen? If you really hate it you can always come back, plus I reckon if you put in the effort, you'll soon make friends.

Good luck with everthing, and let me know if you need any advice!

Dave
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alone in Oz?

I'll move you to Lifestyle, more likely to get responses inthere
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck! I hope everything works out for you
Hi Sarah, good for you, how brave you are.
My son moved to Perth just over 12 months ago, and love it.
Scott is a student at Mt lawley, Kerry is in admin.
Kerry is friendly and helpful, if you want their email address im sure they wont mind meeting up with you, they also have a lovely circle of friends.
Denise
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:47 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blooregard Q Kazoo
I'm looking at Sydney as there appears to be more of a demand for what I do there, I'm a computer programmer.

I'm going across on the 3month ETA. I've got some savings that I'm going to use to live on whilst I apply for the proper work visa. Hopefully getting work shouldn't be too difficult.
If you go on an ETA does that mean you can't work for 3 months? And aren't there restrictions on the visa you can apply for when you're in the country?

I don't want to appear negative, but I didn't think it was that easy - though I'm no expert.

Good luck whatever you do.

Big.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

melpieters is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, I came over to Sydney a year ago on an ETA, and swung a 457 in asp.net programming within a month of job hunting. It can be REALLY daunting at first, but don't take no for an answer . The agencies are used to us and are dying to take a cut!

Oh yeah, and on topic I was very lonely until I started work, after that I made some friends and got a life! Came over to be with an Aussie bloke, and nearly went mental being at home all day on my own... worth it in the end though .
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

I am due to relocate to Perth in June this year. I am a diagnostic radiographer here in the u.k and I will be making the trip alone.
I am rather worried about going over be myself and I am wondering if I will find it all too much and too lonely.
Im 31 years old and it has always been my dream to live in Oz after visiting 2 years ago.
Has anyone else moved to Oz alone and had a positive experience?
Im hoping to make friends with the people I will be working for.

Many Thanks

Sarah
Hi Sarah,
A friend of ours moved to melbourne by herself on a temporary visa, 5 years on she is very happy and married to a great Aussie bloke. She seems to have a large network of friends gained from work, sporting clubs (she does swimming where she met her husband) and Church). I think if you can make friends in the UK then you shouldn't have a problem in Aus.

Good luck
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sarah..

You'll be welcome at my house for an ice cold glass of wine anytime!

Just drop me a line when you arrive!!

Mish x x x