Alone in Oz?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

sazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nice
Question Alone in Oz?

Hello,

I am due to relocate to Perth in June this year. I am a diagnostic radiographer here in the u.k and I will be making the trip alone.
I am rather worried about going over be myself and I am wondering if I will find it all too much and too lonely.
Im 31 years old and it has always been my dream to live in Oz after visiting 2 years ago.
Has anyone else moved to Oz alone and had a positive experience?
Im hoping to make friends with the people I will be working for.

Many Thanks

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

sazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nicesazzle.uk is just really nice
Question Alone in Oz??

Hello,

I am due to relocate to Perth in June this year. I am a diagnostic radiographer here in the u.k and I will be making the trip alone.
I am rather worried about going over be myself and I am wondering if I will find it all too much and too lonely.
Im 31 years old and it has always been my dream to live in Oz after visiting 2 years ago.

Many Thanks

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Alone in Oz??

Hi Sarah I'm not planning on going it alone but just wanted to say good on you. If you are determined to give it a go ( which you obviously are ) I'm sure you will make friends. Best of luck and hang in there.

Donna
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Thank You!

Im finding things quite hard at the moment just thinking about leaving family and friends etc!
I want a better life for myself and do not want to spend my days working for the NHS!
Will give it my best shot and hopefully things will work out!

Certainly cant live my life wondering!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzle.uk
Hello,

Many Thanks

Sarah
I admire your courage! but I think you will be fine, make the effort to find friends and you will, that is the hard part, but i have learn't friends don't to your door until they are invited!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yolandacharm
I admire your courage! but I think you will be fine, make the effort to find friends and you will, that is the hard part, but i have learn't friends don't to your door until they are invited!

I know sometimes I think Im mad! Will definatley make a extra effort to make friends!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

I know sometimes I think Im mad! Will definatley make a extra effort to make friends!
you will be grand, go and enjoy your freedom!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:26 pm
skye

Would love to help - but we are looking at QLD - I know what you mean about the NHS thats why we are looking at going - good luck I am sure you will be fine!

Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yolandacharm
you will be grand, go and enjoy your freedom!

Are you thinking of moving yourself?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Blooregard Q Kazoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm doing the same thing, it's equally scary and exciting. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Thank You!

Im finding things quite hard at the moment just thinking about leaving family and friends etc!
I want a better life for myself and do not want to spend my days working for the NHS!
Will give it my best shot and hopefully things will work out!

Certainly cant live my life wondering!
Hi nothing ventured, nothing gained. Yeah the leaving family bit is hard but if this is something you want to try you are doing the right thing for you then I don't think folk can fault you for that.
Yeah the NHS is not what is used to be. I have spent 28 years working for it and the changes are not all for the good.
How far on are you with the process of emigration?

Donna
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blooregard Q Kazoo
I'm doing the same thing, it's equally scary and exciting. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Scary isnt it? Where are you moving to? Have you got everything sorted as yet? Job offer etc?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:30 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alone in Oz?

Sarah,

I did it in 2002 when I was 31 for the second time. ( did a years working holiday out there when I was 28 before that )
I found ozzies VERY friendly and VERY encouraging when it came to getting you out and about meeting new people. I couldn't believe how open and welcoming some of them were - inviting me into their homes while I was travelling or telling me "oh, my sister lives where your travelling to, drop in and she'll let you stay"!!
You wont have any bother, providing your as keen to mix in as they are to meet you.

All the best and don't worry, you've so much to look forwards to.

*pearly*
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Alone in Oz?

Hello,

Many Thanks

Sarah
try the australia forum( the barbie ) sure someone will be able to help you wiyh that one
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Blooregard Q Kazoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking at Sydney as there appears to be more of a demand for what I do there, I'm a computer programmer.

I'm going across on the 3month ETA. I've got some savings that I'm going to use to live on whilst I apply for the proper work visa. Hopefully getting work shouldn't be too difficult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.