Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ALmost GOT IT!!!!

ALmost GOT IT!!!!

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:05 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default ALmost GOT IT!!!!

Well, can you believe it, am sitting here happily munching my cornflakes when I get a call out of the blue from our agent.

He says DIMIA are more than happy with our application and it is "Good to go", apparently they would like to "barrel through with it". Gosh, really? I was hoping to spend a few more months gnawing at my fingernails.

Anyway, there is a slight problem with one of Neil's references. He used to work for Capital One who have the most awful HR dept I have ever had the misfortune to meet. When they eventually issued a reference (they took 6 weeks) it just said "Neil worked here as Bla, bla from x month to x month" even though DIMIA need it worded in a certain way and containing specific information, they managed to completely ignore this. As advised, we got a colleague of Neil's to outline his exact role in the company but that was only for 1.5 out of the 2 years that he worked there.

Anyway, apparently this is enough of a concern to hold our application up but there are definite ways round it. They may also just accept it and we should get an email in the next few days to let us know what's going on!

Very exciting as may be pretty close after all (our agent rang them last week and they did the "It may take up to 50 weeks" automaton response.)

Keep your fingers crossed - we have booked flights for a visit home in April but we may have to move them forwrad and pick up our visa while we are there - PLEASE GOD!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed !
look forward to your "got it" post
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hevs
fingers crossed !
look forward to your "got it" post
Ditto!

Regards

Ian
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:28 pm
WBB

Default Re: ALmost GOT IT!!!!

it sounds like a formality, good luck.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:55 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway, there is a slight problem with one of Neil's references. He used to work for Capital One who have the most awful HR dept I have ever had the misfortune to meet.
Pleased for you, but could you lay off us good HR folk! References are generally issued on discussion with Line Management, so fault lies with them, we only offer advice!

Thanks

Jo - off my soap box now.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Had my own experiences with Capital One - god-awful company!!

Apart from that - very pleased for you Emma!! Nearly there - we await the GOT IT post soon
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:00 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by emmahafryn

Keep your fingers crossed - we have booked flights for a visit home in April but we may have to move them forwrad and pick up our visa while we are there - PLEASE GOD!!!!
Well done - home stretch now!

Anya.