medicals

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:27 pm
maggy

Default medicals

my family and I have made an appointment to have our medicals done on 12th March, my only worry is that I am at present off work due to anxiety and stress and wander if this will affect my visa application. Does the meducal board request my doctors records and how long does it take for our results to come through. One more thing what do the medicals involve.

Thanks for any help

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Can't say how much your current condition will affect your application, but I can tell you of my experiences with the medical.

Don't know if you know already, but you must have your x-rays done BEFORE you see the doctor for your main medical, as the doctor looks at the plates and makes comments on your form.

Also, you need to have the forms to take with you, have you got these?

So, after you've had your x-rays you see the doctor and they basically work through the form. You will have already have completed one of the sections where you need to detail any past or present conditions. I had a couple of minor ones which I had been discharged from the hospital for; the doctor discussed these with me (not in detail) and asked that I take in the discharge letters when I went back to pick up the medical form once the blood test results were returned.

This I did and she took copies of the letters which I think she sealed in my medical form ready for sending to the DIMIA.

The medical itself requires you have a couple of blood tests and the doctor examined me, just a bit of prodding and testing of my reflexes, nothing intrusive.

The medicals are ready to pick up once the blood test results come back which took about 1 week.

Don't worry too much, just be honest.

Good luck with it all, don't let it add to your anxiety.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There are some doctors that do a combined X-Ray and medical together.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:52 pm
maggy

Default medicals/ anxiety

Originally posted by bondipom
There are some doctors that do a combined X-Ray and medical together.
I have all the forms and have explained about my anxiety but my own GP said I did not stand a hope in hell of being accepted as I would be classed as a liability even though I have only been off work 2 months. My emigration consultant at 4 corners has tried to reassure me that i have nothing to worry about. I fear that If I require a letter from my doctor then it will not be very favourable. I work in a very stressful job with disturbed young adults and it is because of situations I have been put in that I have been off work. I will keep my fingers crossed and thanks for the advice.

Maggy

Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: medicals/ anxiety

My doctor also signed me off work, as I was suffering from stress related high blood pressure. My job is also very stressful, however my GP didnt appear to think that it would be a problem.