Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Almost 5 months till we or i go!

Almost 5 months till we or i go!

Old May 13th 2009, 12:28 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost 5 months till we or i go!

Originally Posted by trehere
You sound like a fun guy and I am sure you will love Oz!
When I moved to Australia with my partner it was him really that wanted to go, I've never really wanted to travel far afield. I also pretended it wasn't happening and the 'A' word was not brought up until about 2 weeks before we had to make a decision and we had a long long chat.
In the end we decided to go for a few years, try it out and come back whenever either of us was ready. As I said before, it was my partners dream and he was prepared to give it up but that would of got us no where other than in 10 / 20 years time wondering 'what if...'
Of course, you then have to get past those first few month when it is likely your partner will be homesick, unsettled and trying to make friends etc. but if you can get past that you won't look back, its an amazing place to live.
Good luck, I hope you can work out a compromise as 11 years is a long time but you deserve to try your dreams also.

You know what, thats real nice, thanks very much, i tend to agree, its cloudy here today in the UK, still quite cold. I am not expecting Oz to be any more brighter, but a change is a rest, and i would like a rest.

If i was younger, i would not go, i loved going out with my mates, you know, party time at weekends, nights down the pub playing pool. When you are single, trying to pull a different girl every weekend. Loved it, but i am 40 odd now, the limbs and organs are slowing, and if i am honest, a bit more sunshine, a slower pace of life, some new friends, well life begins again. But if you don;t try it don't knock it?

I am a bit scared, but, i think staying here scares me more, so i am going for the less scary thing, hey?

Stay lucky!
Old May 13th 2009, 1:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
You know what, thats real nice, thanks very much, i tend to agree, its cloudy here today in the UK, still quite cold. I am not expecting Oz to be any more brighter, but a change is a rest, and i would like a rest.

If i was younger, i would not go, i loved going out with my mates, you know, party time at weekends, nights down the pub playing pool. When you are single, trying to pull a different girl every weekend. Loved it, but i am 40 odd now, the limbs and organs are slowing, and if i am honest, a bit more sunshine, a slower pace of life, some new friends, well life begins again. But if you don;t try it don't knock it?

I am a bit scared, but, i think staying here scares me more, so i am going for the less scary thing, hey?

Stay lucky!

It is a bloody scary process let me tell you.

But if it is the right decision for you then you wont regret it and you wont know unless you try.
Old May 13th 2009, 11:01 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

When you are single, trying to pull a different girl every weekend. Loved it, but i am 40 odd now, the limbs and organs are slowing, and if i am honest, a bit more sunshine, a slower pace of life, some new friends, well life begins again. But if you don;t try it don't knock it?Stay lucky!
Maybe you should give this lot a ring to reserve your place? http://www.renaissancerl.com.au/
Old May 13th 2009, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Maybe you should give this lot a ring to reserve your place? http://www.renaissancerl.com.au/
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:26 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

She's going sour again, what can i do, any advice on parsnips, sorry partnerships that go South on emigation talk?

Could be looking for a new doubles partner, anyone like pillow tennis? No punching below the belt!

Keith
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:24 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

It's your call fella, I was like you, my other half didn't want to go.

We have been to Oz a few times now and we both love it, but holidays are different from the normal day to day grind. She says she can't imagine living there and I would hate to see her unhappy in unfamiliar surroundings as I know deep in my heart she would be unhappy. There is too much here for her at the mo and I have to accept that.

But at the end of the day you have one crack at life, and it's your life.....

You have to decide if you could see yourself with your partner in the long term future, when I thought about it the answer was a resounding yes (and there are no pressures, we're not married, no kids and been together 14 years).

I'm staying put cos she's the best thing thats ever happened to me, and if I had decided to have made the move a couple of years back when I had the opportunity I think I would now be regretting living my life without her.

One day she may change her mind, we'll see how things are then.

Don't pressure her, or you'll probably find it will be her that does the dumping.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by russmcp
It's your call fella, I was like you, my other half didn't want to go.

We have been to Oz a few times now and we both love it, but holidays are different from the normal day to day grind. She says she can't imagine living there and I would hate to see her unhappy in unfamiliar surroundings as I know deep in my heart she would be unhappy. There is too much here for her at the mo and I have to accept that.

But at the end of the day you have one crack at life, and it's your life.....

You have to decide if you could see yourself with your partner in the long term future, when I thought about it the answer was a resounding yes (and there are no pressures, we're not married, no kids and been together 14 years).

I'm staying put cos she's the best thing thats ever happened to me, and if I had decided to have made the move a couple of years back when I had the opportunity I think I would now be regretting living my life without her.

One day she may change her mind, we'll see how things are then.

Don't pressure her, or you'll probably find it will be her that does the dumping.

Just read this post, cheers, thanks, great post, i love honest people, and that is an honest post, thankyou russmcp.

We have a lot in common, well relationship wise, yep, i think she will do the dumping, maybe? I will be over in October, the latest, maybe share a beer hey?

I need to think, she's a good girl, f00king hard this emigrating stuff, is it not?

Keith.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:57 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Could you perhaps persuade her to at least go and validate her visa?

Julie. x
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:46 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs

Julie. x
That is top advice, keeps the door open for 5 years anyway.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:24 am
Banned

Julie. x

Validated, three years left for final entry!

Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:49 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Validated, three years left for final entry!

Well, if you end up going without her, she may find that she misses you, can't live without you, etc, etc, etc, and take herself off there. Or you may find you miss her, can't live without her etc, etc, etc and you come back!

Or maybe that's me just being an old romantic

Julie. x
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:59 am
Banned

Well, if you end up going without her, she may find that she misses you, can't live without you, etc, etc, etc, and take herself off there. Or you may find you miss her, can't live without her etc, etc, etc and you come back!

Or maybe that's me just being an old romantic

Julie. x
She will get by, no problems there!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

muffler will become famous soon enough

Keith its time to bin her im afraid.

I think im gonna be in a similar situation to you in a couple of years time because I want to go to oz and my other half wants to stay in this rathole of a country.

Unfortunately ive made my mind up to make the jump to oz and as for looking for a new women theres plenty of bush to get lost in

Later dude

Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

I think you should go, you will only be miserable if you don't give it a try.

Relationships break up all the time 'cos people want different things out of life. If your not heading in the same direction its always gonna be difficult for you both. You both need to make a decision and move on with your lives. As Julie says you might miss each other and one of you will change your decision but you shouldn't give up on your dreams.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:54 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine your driving to a Y junction you can both go left (Oz) or right (stay) , what you cant do is keep going straight or you will smash into the junction.

You have to decide once and for all what direction you are taking , and if you cant someone has to get out of the car.

If you do both head down a path ,conversations about "we should have turned the other way" are banned.

Bear in mind , this place can loose its shine after a few weeks, when you settle into normal life you may find yourself missing your missus something shocking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.