Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All those in Oz... If you had one box to send over

All those in Oz... If you had one box to send over

Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:17 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future
Default All those in Oz... If you had one box to send over

We're shipping stuff over to Oz and have got 1 more box to fill, and were wondering what everyone misses that you can't get in Oz, or what is expensive out there compared to England - basically, what should we buy as it's our last chance to get stuff over there for a reasonable price?

I've read on posts that DIY stuff is expensive, but what about things like kettles or contact lens solution, or anything else you can think of (however mundane!)??
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:04 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All those in Oz... If you had one box to send over

Originally Posted by ljk888
We're shipping stuff over to Oz and have got 1 more box to fill, and were wondering what everyone misses that you can't get in Oz, or what is expensive out there compared to England - basically, what should we buy as it's our last chance to get stuff over there for a reasonable price?

I've read on posts that DIY stuff is expensive, but what about things like kettles or contact lens solution, or anything else you can think of (however mundane!)??
Bisto!

read the other thread on SOOOOOOOOO Gravy!

And if you are coming to Sydney......I will pay you to fill it with Bisto/Super Noodles (BBQ flavour only)/Pot noodles for hubby(any flavour)/Angel Delight (chocolate flavour only for me).

M&S knickers ...I would give you my size ...... but the clowns on here will shout me down that they all get good pants anywhere...but they do not have my butt!!

Cheers Sand
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to be honest. If I can't find an equivalent, I can get it online. I thought the same as you, (what can I bring) but then decided that at some point, it would run out, however much we brought and we would then move on to Aus stuff so didn't bother
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:14 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nothing to be honest. If I can't find an equivalent, I can get it online. I thought the same as you, (what can I bring) but then decided that at some point, it would run out, however much we brought and we would then move on to Aus stuff so didn't bother

True, true!
My SIL is coming over in December and wants to know what she can bring - TBH there isn't anything I need bringing over (apart from her and rest of my family) - I'd just love more money to buy my own stuff over here!
So I'd say fill it full of dollars!

Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:31 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sandra
Bisto!

read the other thread on SOOOOOOOOO Gravy!

And if you are coming to Sydney......I will pay you to fill it with Bisto/Super Noodles (BBQ flavour only)/Pot noodles for hubby(any flavour)/Angel Delight (chocolate flavour only for me).

M&S knickers ...I would give you my size ...... but the clowns on here will shout me down that they all get good pants anywhere...but they do not have my butt!!

Cheers Sand
I would do but sadly we're moving to Melbourne! Seriously though... no Pot Noodles in Australia?? Do they have tomato ketchup flavour Walkers crisps then?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:03 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I would do but sadly we're moving to Melbourne! Seriously though... no Pot Noodles in Australia?? Do they have tomato ketchup flavour Walkers crisps then?
yer having a laugh...Walkers Crisps!!!

Bring on the Aussies wannnabes saying the crisps here are better....!!!

Bugger that lot...I still miss Taytos Cheese and Onion and that is after 20 odd years being away from Ireland.

Pot Noodles....I buy my hubby a pot noodle every now and again as a pressie $6 each from the UK shop in Sydney. My super noodles are $3.50 each and Bisto is $12

And for a treat I buy myself a Finger of Fudge, a star bar for hubby and if I am really down a whole packet of cadbury biscuits just for me!!!

But they have yet to stock my knickers...so for now my sister still believes I am a size 12 and sends me some to cheer me up!!!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Its a good thing there's no pot noodles as they're bloody rancid and so are the crisps. Probably good for me but as I'm only here a month I'm gonny miss golden wonder plain but when I saw the local beach I thought "fair swap"
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:10 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Fabric and wallpaper. Costs the earth here so even if you don't use it you could always sell it at a profit - oh and bras (see previous post!!!)
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Fabric and wallpaper. Costs the earth here so even if you don't use it you could always sell it at a profit - oh and bras (see previous post!!!)
Tell you what.

Send me £50 over PayPal and i'll post anything you need.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:25 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Big huge blocks of Cadbury Milk chocolate ... you won't regret it.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:04 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bothered about food-stuff...found things Aussie that'll fill the gaps! If I'm desperate for an After Eight or some Bisto I pop along to the British Shop in Joondalup.

However, can you please squeeze Ant n Dec into a box? Used to love watching those two, especially Saturday Night Take-away. Presenters over here try their hardest to be funny....it ain't working!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

iPom, did you ever get your business idea sorted?

How's life down under?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I would agree with Sandra and say Tayto chips. I miss them so. We were thinking of ordering a box, but the postage is dear. Will have to ask a rellie to post a few packs over to us.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:33 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichP
iPom, did you ever get your business idea sorted?

How's life down under?
Yes it's in progress, thanks. We're launching (hopefully all going to plan) at the Sydney shoe fair early next year.

Life down under is warm, pleasant and busier than it's ever been.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:37 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pack
Monster Munch
Hula Hoops
French Fries
Hienz Chilli Ketchup
Tetly teabags( the oz version is yuk)
And the chef from my fave indian