Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all those bitching about Perth

For all those bitching about Perth

Old May 3rd 2006, 10:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default For all those bitching about Perth

There seems to be a lot of bitching about Perth on here at the moment. Either property is too expensive, it is too quiet, too remote, too many flies.

Feel free to read all the posts, good and bad. Maybe try a visit. Make up your own minds. Maybe you live here already and don't like it.

I just want to say I LOVE IT here.

Our house cost $150K less than the one we sold in the UK and is now on one level with large pool, in a great location and it takes no longer to get to work than it did in the UK. We have a 700 metres square plot in Carramar by the way (not 300).

I have more mates than I did in the UK.

People are happier and friendlier than elsewhere in Aus IMHO.

I get on well with people at work and find the "can-do" attititude fantastic which means I am getting on well. I play golf / tennis with them, go for regular beers and will probably watch the derby on Saturday with a load of them.

Trains / roads are quieter more reliable.

My wife loves it and my daugther doesn't want to go back. She does loads more than in the UK.

After 6 months+ we do stuff every weekend and never the same thing twice.

With the exception of U2, every major band comes here.

There are more sports / arts / events than my nearest major city in the UK.

So...If you don't like it then bugger off somewhere else. Whinging Poms
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all those bitching about Perth

I second every word. Excellent post.
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post Worzel, glad your settled and enjoying life. good on ya
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:57 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
There seems to be a lot of bitching about Perth on here at the moment. Either property is too expensive, it is too quiet, too remote, too many flies.

Feel free to read all the posts, good and bad. Maybe try a visit. Make up your own minds. Maybe you live here already and don't like it.

Our house cost $150K less than the one we sold in the UK and is now on one level with large pool, in a great location and it takes no longer to get to work than it did in the UK. We have a 700 metres square plot in Carramar by the way (not 300).

I get on well with people at work and find the "can-do" attititude fantastic which means I am getting on well. I play golf / tennis with them, go for regular beers and will probably watch the derby on Saturday with a load of them.

My wife loves it and my daugther doesn't want to go back. She does loads more than in the UK.

Good on ya, worzel, but its not just perth, in my quest to find out where would best suit us to live in aus, once you start researching it, you get the same crap posted about everywhere (admittadly Perth has had a right bashing just now)
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Thank you for your positive post. I know there are always two sides to the story, but I for one are really pleased to read your post. I must admit I have been in a panic wondering if Perth is still the right place for us, but then if its
not then its not, we will give it a try and if its not for us we'll have to rethink are plans, But for now perth is for us. (or will be when we get there?)
Cheers (sorry for the ramblings).
Sharon x
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:06 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Fan~~bloody~~tastic post ....karma well deserved
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Oi, Just one thing more, who you gonna barrack for in the derby?

good post
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:22 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you feel alot better for that dontcha?
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:28 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Smile Re: For all those bitching about Perth

Hi All,

we are on the plane on friday god cant wait wait the real excitement is creeping in know.

Well i have read the bad and the good points about perth but all in, in my opinion perth is still for me

well all you people who hate perth and like to put me in a little bit of a downer especially at this moment just before i am leaving away you go stay somewhere else get out of my road.

john
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi All,

we are on the plane on friday god cant wait wait the real excitement is creeping in know.

Well i have read the bad and the good points about perth but all in, in my opinion perth is still for me

well all you people who hate perth and like to put me in a little bit of a downer especially at this moment just before i am leaving away you go stay somewhere else get out of my road.

john

Have there been lots of negative posts on Perth recently?

Specifically on Perth, I've just noticed comments on house prices and the size of blocks. I think that any other negatives are about Australia in general aren't they?
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

how long you been in Perth?
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue

how long you been in Perth?
I think he said about 6 months but it may be more than that.

I think everyone is entitled to like/dislike where they live.

Worzel is just happy with where he lives and is telling people.

Its true, loads of people have slagged off Perth, and its nice to hear something positive about it.

Old May 3rd 2006, 11:53 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi All,

john

Hi John, I know i've decided not to go to Perth, but it is making me a wee bit sad, coz i think it would suit me to a tee , but it will be one place that i will definately visit when i am in aus, might end up there at some point.

So can I come for a bbq
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Worzel, We are currently staying in Ocean Reef with hubbys family and will be looking around Carramar tomorrow, 2 weeks in and still in holiday mode. Hubby is starting to look for work soon he is a wall and floor tiler, should be plenty of work for him, He's been out and bought a Ute for work, picks it up next week. So much to do at the moment but looking forward to our new life here.

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Hi John, I know i've decided not to go to Perth, but it is making me a wee bit sad, coz i think it would suit me to a tee , but it will be one place that i will definately visit when i am in aus, might end up there at some point.
Any ideas of where you will go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.