Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all those bitching about Perth

For all those bitching about Perth

Old May 3rd 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: For all those bitching about Perth

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Nope, I don't blame Perth at all. I blame myself. My own stupidity for not appreciating the things I had back home: the family and true friends, the security, the feelings of actually belonging.

Perth is a beautiful place. It has a lot to offer some folk, just not me. I honestly don't begrudge people a jot who have settled and love their new lives. I just get really brassed off with being at the bottom of the pecking order because I am one of those many folk who really don't think this grass is any greener whatsoever. The only thing that makes me stand out from the rest of the unhappy bunch is that I have the bottle to say it.

So, Is a return to the UK planned yet? or is it maybe the suburb you live in thats grief?
What's holding you back from moving?
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I really do believe we should be happy with life. It's one of the most important aspects of life. If you are not happy here then get to somewhere that you are happy.

It really is that simple.

Believe me, it's not that simple If I were incredibly selfish I would force my husband, who loves his life out here, and our two children, who also love theirs, into moving back to the UK. I'm not, therefore I can't.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muzza04
Pro perth
Whereabouts in the hills are you? We're in Spring Road, Kalamunda.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Great Post Worzel,

We'll be looking in Carramar around the end of June, just after we arrive. The negative and quite nasty posts about Perth lately have really outweighed the good, and made myself as well as others question our decision, having some positive input helps to balance things in probably a more realistic light. I think the negative posters need to stop attacking Perth word their posts a little more carefully for example instead of saying "it's too expensive here" say "I can't afford to live here". The way things are worded can make a big difference to peoples reaction to what your saying.

Nicanjoe
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Believe me, it's not that simple if I were incredibly selfish I would force my husband, who loves his life out here, and our two children, who also love theirs, into moving back to the UK. I'm not, therefore I can't.

Maybe a move to another area of perth is an option.?

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

homesickness does suck ! And yes you would suffer that where ever you move .
I think - or + posts need to be more balanced . I am not wearing rose tints , but am giving it a bloody good go and yes like it .
Life isn't perfect and never will be , some of the anti-perth posts do make it sound like hell on earth if you listen to the right posts.
Only a move out here will answer for sure if your chosen City is for you .
All the main city's offer good lifestyle but will never be for everyone .
I used to live in a great part of the UK , but still prefer it here , suits me sir !
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Whereabouts in the hills are you? We're in Spring Road, Kalamunda.
On the top of a rock!!

Roleystone
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

Maybe a move to another area of perth is an option.?
Honest answer? I'm too scared to start again. I can't go through that whole 'relocation to a new place thing' again. All that making new friends, settling the children into schools, finding jobs. I've had enough. I'm tired of trying to settle. I just want to feel like I belong.

Think I'll get a glass of wine and think happy thoughts. See, taht's one thing I do like about this place, the wine!
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:33 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by worzel
With the exception of U2, every major band comes here.
I agree with 99% of what you wrote, I have been here almost 2 years and we love it too, for many of the same reasons you stated. However the statement you made above is total nonsense. I cant name any major act that has been here since we arrived, unless of course you are counting Suzi Quatro, Status Quo and the like. The fact is the really big acts dont come to Perth, simple as that, and its not as if we dont have a venue, there are two or three that could accommodate these bands, they simply dont come for one reason or another.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

To be honest about Perth.

My idea of hell on earth here would be living in a suburb of legoland proportions not more than 1 metre wall to wall with next door.

These are the sea of shiny roofs you see from the plane when you come into land.

In otherwords. they are souless.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:49 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest about Perth.

My idea of hell on earth here would be living in a suburb of legoland proportions not more than 1 metre wall to wall with next door.

These are the sea of shiny roofs you see from the plane when you come into land.

In otherwords. they are souless.
I sold a nice new house on a new development , it was a 150 k box with 2 beds and was glued to both neighbours , so close that i could make out the songs on the stereo next door , hear them humping, the lot .
This was a place that most people called lovely or posh etc .
I've spent £24k less and have heaps of room 4beds etc ! yes prices are on the up but still a lot less than most of UK. i wouldn't call it soulless the neighbours, people here will say hi and talk to you .
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Great Post Worzel,

We'll be looking in Carramar around the end of June, just after we arrive. The negative and quite nasty posts about Perth lately have really outweighed the good, and made myself as well as others question our decision, having some positive input helps to balance things in probably a more realistic light. I think the negative posters need to stop attacking Perth word their posts a little more carefully for example instead of saying "it's too expensive here" say "I can't afford to live here". The way things are worded can make a big difference to peoples reaction to what your saying.

Nicanjoe

Hang on a minute! This is a bit of a generalisation in itself.

First of all, I've not noticed that people have been attacking Perth. They have been attacking the price of property but that's been about it.

Why not shift the onus on to those people who are about to move here? Ask Perth people what their salaries are, ask the prices of houses, then you just make your own decision based on what you think you will earn and where you think you will live.

As I've said before, Perth is a great place but the property prices are I THINK, unrealistic and certainly on my salary (which I consider reasonably high) unaffordable.

Doesn't mean King's Park isn't still beautiful, the beaches aren't still fabulous and the houses haven't been built with the skills of a five year old.
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
the houses haven't been built with the skills of a five year old.

Oooo...get your crash helmet on!
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo...get your crash helmet on!

Wouldn't have said it if i'd not had a glass of wine or three.

(Too scared)
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi All,

we are on the plane on friday god cant wait wait the real excitement is creeping in know.

Well i have read the bad and the good points about perth but all in, in my opinion perth is still for me

well all you people who hate perth and like to put me in a little bit of a downer especially at this moment just before i am leaving away you go stay somewhere else get out of my road.

john
all the best john in oz,am sure you will have fun finding out.x irishbloo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.