Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all the thirsty Scots in NZ & Oz

For all the thirsty Scots in NZ & Oz

Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:46 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default For all the thirsty Scots in NZ & Oz

Here is the link to Barr's Irn Bru site Down Under, which gives you a list of distributors in your area

http://www.irn-bru.com.au/

For any non-Irn Bru drinkers, it is the best hangover cure in the world, and Scotland's 2nd national drink

Cheers!

Mel

Last edited by mika24me; Jul 31st 2003 at 12:14 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Do not be temted by the diet variety as its hangover curing properties are not that of its full fat brother.

It was all i could drink when i was pregnant with both my boys, i had to visit 3 tescos in my local area of englandshire to find it when i discovered i was pregnant this time and had visions of having to ship it down under with me.

Lynn
Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:58 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all the thirsty Scots in NZ & Oz

Originally posted by mika24me
Here is the link to Barr's Irn Bru site Bown Under, which gives you a list of distributors in your area

http://www.irn-bru.com.au/

For any non-Irn Bru drinkers, it is the best hangover cure in the world, and Scotland's 2nd national drink

Cheers!

Mel
In NZ the exact equivalent of Irn Bru is called Ice Cream Soda and is particularly popular in the south of the country (with its Scottish heritage). I was really surprised to try Irn Bru and discover they were the essentially the same.

Also, you can get proper mutton pies and haggis in the south.

Regards,
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:02 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by southerner
In NZ the exact equivalent of Irn Bru is called Ice Cream Soda and is particularly popular in the south of the country (with its Scottish heritage). I was really surprised to try Irn Bru and discover they were the essentially the same.

Also, you can get proper mutton pies and haggis in the south.

Regards,
I think I will give the Haggis a miss!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][i]]

!

Hi to all,It`s also very nice cold with vodka if you dont want to cure your hangover!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:17 am
Hussy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jockney
[i]]

!

Hi to all,It`s also very nice cold with vodka if you dont want to cure your hangover!!!!
It's also generally thirst quenching and delicious

Do you think Barr will give me a free crate of the stuff if I keep saying nice things?

Mel
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

montagt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mel,

You could always take crates of it out to Oz in September with you.

I will buy some of you when I arrive.... soon I hope... I just sent the strathclyde police reports and medicals off to Adelaide last week.

Tom
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:34 am
Hussy

Originally posted by montagt
Hi Mel,

I will buy some of you when I arrive.... soon I hope... I just sent the strathclyde police reports and medicals off to Adelaide last week.

Tom
Hi Tom

I wish we could but I have a feeling that customs might be a bit funny about it!

There is a ditributor in SA so hopefully we can stock up from him

Mel
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Mel

Cant you get it in as essential medical supplies?

Lynn
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by montagt
Hi Mel,

Tom
Hi tom,I`m originally from gourock and am hoping to head for adelaide soon .Where are you hoping to go??God will you miss the rain!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mika24me
It's also generally thirst quenching and delicious

Do you think Barr will give me a free crate of the stuff if I keep saying nice things?

Mel
Yes they just might.We found a small shop in the barossa that sold all goodies scottish including irn bru.Obviously the top wine tasters cant say no to an irn bru.You can just imagine them tasting (as they do) and saying GIRDERS.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:04 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by jockney
Yes they just might.We found a small shop in the barossa that sold all goodies scottish including irn bru.Obviously the top wine tasters cant say no to an irn bru.You can just imagine them tasting (as they do) and saying GIRDERS.
Irn Bru, Scottish Bread and square slice. Stop it, you're bringing back a load of memories of childhood holiday's to stay with my family in Paisley. Do you remember when they tried to relaunch Irn Bru here about 8-9 years ago? The advert on the telly was hysterical. Whisky and Irn Bru is also very nice. (That was one xmas I can't remember!)
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:13 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Irn Bru, Scottish Bread and square slice. Stop it, you're bringing back a load of memories of childhood holiday's to stay with my family in Paisley. Do you remember when they tried to relaunch Irn Bru here about 8-9 years ago? The advert on the telly was hysterical. Whisky and Irn Bru is also very nice. (That was one xmas I can't remember!)
The current Irn Bru ads aren't much better They are in the news today (check out the Scotland screen in www.bbc.co.uk/news) for being too sexy!