Reload this Page >

Alexandra Hills?

Alexandra Hills?

Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

crystaldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alexandra Hills?

Originally Posted by Rudi
Please can you provide me with some statistical data to back up your statements that there is more trouble in Thornlands (compared to other areas in the Bayside), because for the life of me I can't find anything and legitimate references to the boots on a wire being a drug dealers mark.

Thanks
I dont think I said there was more trouble in thornlands - I just said that there are good and bad streets in all areas - which is the case most places, also what suits one doesnt suit another, also we have a lot of friends/clients who live in the area so we hear their moans.

The boots thing was made public with the shapelle corby case. Our ex apprentice used to skateboard there, as did our new apprentice and both were asked if they wanted to buy.... Is that statistical enough?

It's not a problem area I like thornlands but I can only advise on what i know. As I said before when you are leaving uk for good and starting a new life in oz I would suggest to rent in the bayside and check out all the areas so you know where you would be more comfy
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:08 pm
ABCDiamond

An internet search for shoes and power lines came up with a string of explanations which could be either urban legends or pranks, or in some cases, even true.
They included:
  • It’s a time-honored tradition to throw your sneakers over the power lines on the last day of school.
  • Shoes were flung in the air, but didn’t come down.
  • What else do you do with an old pair of sneakers?
  • Bullies taunting children by tossing their shoes up out of reach.
  • The shoes belong to a dead person and the dead person’s spirit returns, it will walk high above the ground.
  • Losing your virginity.
  • A practical joke.
http://www.borderwatch.com.au/archives/3153

Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:13 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crystaldi
Our ex apprentice used to skateboard there, as did our new apprentice and both were asked if they wanted to buy.... Is that statistical enough?
No, I wouldn't say that 2 people is statistical enough. I'm not saying it didn't happen or doesn't happen but two cases is hardly enough to go around saying that that is a well known drug dealing spot.

For all you know drug dealers could travel to all the skateboard parks across the city as a matter of routine. I have no idea, I just don't think 2 cases is nearly enough to taint an area.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:47 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
No, I wouldn't say that 2 people is statistical enough. I'm not saying it didn't happen or doesn't happen but two cases is hardly enough to go around saying that that is a well known drug dealing spot.

For all you know drug dealers could travel to all the skateboard parks across the city as a matter of routine. I have no idea, I just don't think 2 cases is nearly enough to taint an area.
Tend to agree there (must be the researcher in me).. I like where I live and have expereinced less trouble here than what friends have expereinced in Redland Bay with the breakins (in the new built areas) and assaults that have happend also but that may be because it's still being established and houses not quite finished etc. Very much each to their own and suppose can only really comment on the areas that you have experienced and what you have experienced.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think I said there was more trouble in thornlands -
Yes you did.........

there is more trouble in certain parts of alex hills and indeed thornlands
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:27 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you did.........
It doesn't really matter bro, everyone has different experiences.

All bayside suburbs are pretty good places to live.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
It doesn't really matter bro, everyone has different experiences.

All bayside suburbs are pretty good places to live.
Bro BRO??? BRO??????? You need to get yourself a pair of glasses Ben!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

crystaldi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you did.........
I will refrase to what I have said all allong, there is more trouble on certain streets in each area, as indeed all areas. there is good and bad roads in all areas of the bayside. However I mentioned those two as I know and have been told by our estate agent friends have some "slightly more" rougher streets AS WELL AS the beautiful streets where the new houses are. I have said all along I would be happy to live in thornlands and indeed alex hills but as i have said check out your streets before moving in. We have friends in all areas and my partner works in all areas, and we also have a few friends that are estate agents.

You made a good choice I gather and are happy and that's great... I am sure you would want other people to have the same happy experience as you and if you were buying in the uk you would go a check the street out where you was planning to live in the day and night, so it is advisable to do here to make sure you have a good feel for the place.

To be honest, The 3 friends in estate agency have all told us separately that if you are going to spend over the $460, mark then build build build. Yes you may get a house slightly under that but the maintenance issues that come with it, ESPECIALLY if it was rented out for some time before can send the cost soring!

Also when buying - something new to us pomms - Is the TERMITES - houses here are build on wooden frames - yes even the ones with brick and tile. They are build different to the uk and there homes can be attacked by termites which eat away at the frame - unoticed until building instpection (and not even then!) and can cause a lot of damage and $$$ There are certain places in the redland that they are more common due to the natural surroundings. Make sure you get info on these and check before you buy. As that can affect a house price in a area, so what seems like a bargin, may not be.

I am not wanting to offend or scare people off Alex hills, or anywhere in redlands and termites are EVERYWHERE in australia - its not a bayside thing. But it something to take into account when you buy here.

Hopefully you can get somewhere that you will be really happy in the area, whether its Alex hills, thornlands, cleveland, vicky point, redland bay etc, because for some people that can be the difference between staying and returning to the uk. We all want to be happy where we live.

And as for statistics, I have children I for 1 would want to know if even 1 person had been offered drugs in a park near where I live.... At the very least to be aware of it not necessary to not move to the area. We all want to protect our youngsters, don't we?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:36 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

And as for statistics, I have children I for 1 would want to know if even 1 person had been offered drugs in a park near where I live.... At the very least to be aware of it not necessary to not move to the area. We all want to protect our youngsters, don't we?
Of course we would all want to know, I don't think anyone has taken issue with that. You asked if your 2 cases was stastically relevant and I said it wasn't. That doesn't mean we're not interested in knowing about it. It's just that 2 cases is still a long leap from saying it's an established drug dealing location (which is pretty much what was said earlier). That's all. As you said though it's still important to know.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:46 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Love

Rudi
x
Sorry, but its my endearing way, without showing too much affection(On a public forum off course) A mateship way of being nice.

PS, I have the glasses
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:19 am
Canuck/Aussie

Love

Rudi
x
You'll have to change your profile info so that it shows the little male or female sign next to your username. That usually makes it pretty clear!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brisben
Sorry, but its my endearing way, without showing too much affection(On a public forum off course) A mateship way of being nice.

PS, I have the glasses
Oh boy....if you already have the glasses then I'm in real trouble if I'm a bro

Thanks Comet - I've now got a pretty pink thingy next to my name!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:47 am
Canuck/Aussie

Oh boy....if you already have the glasses then I'm in real trouble if I'm a bro

Thanks Comet - I've now got a pretty pink thingy next to my name!

Love

Rudi
x
I find that symbol helps. I remember once being shocked to discover that a poster that I had always assume was female was actually male. I think it was Buzzy-bee? At least I wasn't the onlly one who had assumed that!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by comet555
I find that symbol helps. I remember once being shocked to discover that a poster that I had always assume was female was actually male. I think it was Buzzy-bee? At least I wasn't the onlly one who had assumed that!
Yep, I've done the same - I was flirting with one of my girlfriends for a while, and her me until we were horrified to discover who each other was on the message board!!!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:43 am
Banned

DumbFalang is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent 3 years around the Bayside area living in Redland Bay, Ormiston and Cleveland. Never heard or saw anything about drugs - but that doesn't mean that there is not stuff going on that people like me don't notice.

My boys were 15 & 16 when we were there and I just checked with them. Aparently, you can get the stuff just about anywhere - even Raby Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.