Default albany creek

we are thinking of moving to albany creek jan 2008

can anyone give me any info on the area

thanks lindsey
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: albany creek

Yeh, The Veronicas come from there and Ben Kennedy owns a fruit shop out that way.

It's not on the train line, and isn't particularly well placed for access to the highway for the trips to the beach. Neither of those two things should put you off but are worth thinking about, apart from that I been there to play footy a couple of times and it seems alright, just another suburb I guess.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:54 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

nice enough suburb has shops coles cafe etc most of the stuff you need for day to day life.

Originally Posted by tony6524

thanks lindsey
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Tony/Lyndsey

We visited Albany Creek during our validation trip in January of this year and are planning to settle there when we emigrate in a few months time.

My wife and I are both professionals (I'm in IT and my wife is a nurse) and we have secured jobs in the CBD. We have 2 kids aged 11 and 14 both boys.

We decided on Albany Creek (with Eatons Hill, Bridgeman Downs and McDowall as options as they're all very close to AC) for the following reasons:

Proximity to CBD (we timed the 'run' at 20 minutes)
1 hour to Sunshine Coast
1 hour to Gold Coast
Quiet small town/village with nice 'community' feel to it
Semi-rural
Hilly in parts (but not that you'd need mountaineering gear)
Low crime rate (according to police officer we spoke to)
Good schools feedback
Cricket club
Decent shopping complex for 'everyday stuff'
Major shopping mall 10/15 min drive away
Good leisure facilities - outdoor pool with gym, cycling
Selection of fast food/takeaway places eg MacDonalds, Nandos
Good selection of housing - different styles, new and established 'estates'

All in all, it reminded us very much of the town we live in here in the UK but with the obvious Australian benefits.

During our visit we were guests of David and Karen Fuller who own Family Friendly Homes. They own a selection of holiday homes around the Albany Creek area and are well worth checking out if you decide to visit.

Although not the cheapest, our stay with FFH allowed us to sample real Australian life which we would not have been able to do had we decided to stay in a hotel in the CBD

The house we stayed in really was a home from home with everything we could have asked for - all mod cons, BBQ, wireless broadband, table tennis etc etc. I would go as far as to say that the time we spent there confirmed our decision that Australia and Albany Creek was for us.

David and Karen were featured on the BBC Wanted Down Under programme last month. I thought Karen came across as a lovely person, because that's how she is in real life! We were fortunate enough to invited to lunch by Karen and David and during this time we were able to get the 'inside track' on life in Australia and Albany Creek from their perspective.

If you want more info then please ask. If you PM me I'll give you the link to some photos I took during our validation trip in Brisbane/Albany Creek

If anyone reading this already lives in Albany Creek or surrounding area, can you recommend a good doctor with whom we can sign-up when we arrive later this year!!

Oh, and if you're planning any social events around June time for normal but Billy No-mates folk from Cheshire, then please add us to your invite list. Please!!!

Cheers
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Originally Posted by tony6524

thanks lindsey
We are in Albany Creek, been in Brisbane for 2 and a half years, first rented in Eatons Hill, then bought in Warner, sold that to buy in Albany Creek, been here over a year now - love it! Lovely area, close enough to everything, 14 year old daughter went to Albany Hills Primary now at Albany Creek State High, no problems, she has settled really well. If you need any further info then pm me!

Tictac, i'm registered with Dr Peter McGrath at Eatons Hill, can't fault him he's lovely and really helpful.

Take care Rach x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

We've several mates who live in Albany Creek and all love it. It's a lovely suberb - also has a really nice outdoor swimming pool with flume etc. for the kids. Not sure about 20 mins into the city at peak times though, probably more like 40 mins in rush hour.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 12:18 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
We've several mates who live in Albany Creek and all love it. It's a lovely suberb - also has a really nice outdoor swimming pool with flume etc. for the kids. Not sure about 20 mins into the city at peak times though, probably more like 40 mins in rush hour.
We also have friends who live in a nice wide street in albany creek, it is a really nice suburb ! I would agree with everything tic tac says, except I too believe his timings are optimistic... Its at least a 40min drive during peak, usually longer. After 7pm it'll take 25mins to get to the CBD, if you stick to the speed limit !

Getting to the gold coast will take 1 & 1/2 hours from albany creek.

Other than these minor points, its a great area and has a real family feel.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
We also have friends who live in a nice wide street in albany creek, it is a really nice suburb ! I would agree with everything tic tac says, except I too believe his timings are optimistic... Its at least a 40min drive during peak, usually longer. After 7pm it'll take 25mins to get to the CBD, if you stick to the speed limit !

Getting to the gold coast will take 1 & 1/2 hours from albany creek.

Other than these minor points, its a great area and has a real family feel.
CBD in 20 minutes, jeez I wish. We are in Aspley, same distance form the CBD, just on the other side of Gympie Road from Albany Creek. Peak time traffic, currently taking 40 minutes from Aspley to Kedron, or on a good day to Windsor, the CBD is beyond that by a good 10 minutes, without allowing for parking. Also there are less short-cuts and rat-runs than the UK - the traffic is funnelled onto the main roads, and very few drivers use what short-cuts there are. Thus the traffic is usually solid, all the way from Chermside to the city.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I can guarantee that it took me 20 minutes to get from Albany Creek to Herston. We were sad enough to video the trip (for future use!) and having checked, the recording lasts no longer than 20 minutes.

We did the journey just after 9am and used the old Northern Road. We were aided by TomTom Mobile (installed on my Nokia 6680) which took us down some 'side streets' from time to time, and I drove well within the speed limit.

For the record, it also took us exactly one hour to get from the Wet and Wild car park on the Gold Coast to our driveway in Albany Creek. Again, this was with the aid of TomTom, within the speed limit and was via the 'Expressway' (which we hit just after 5pm) and the Old Northern Road.

Maybe these trips were 'one-offs' but the timings stated above are 100% accurate.

Cheers
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Originally Posted by tictac
I can guarantee that it took me 20 minutes to get from Albany Creek to Herston. We were sad enough to video the trip (for future use!) and having checked, the recording lasts no longer than 20 minutes.

We did the journey just after 9am and used the old Northern Road. We were aided by TomTom Mobile (installed on my Nokia 6680) which took us down some 'side streets' from time to time, and I drove well within the speed limit.

For the record, it also took us exactly one hour to get from the Wet and Wild car park on the Gold Coast to our driveway in Albany Creek. Again, this was with the aid of TomTom, within the speed limit and was via the 'Expressway' (which we hit just after 5pm) and the Old Northern Road.

Maybe these trips were 'one-offs' but the timings stated above are 100% accurate.

Cheers
I live in Albany Creek and work in Clayfield (this side of the City), i leave my house at 7.45am and get to work just in time for an 8.30am start, Old Northern Road, Rode Road and Sandgate Road, i spend about 10 minutes in the tunnel at Toombul!!! Coming home at 5.30pm is the same. On a Saturday (i work every other till 1pm) it takes me about 20 minutes.

Rach x
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac

Cheers
Theres your answer - just after 9am. try leaving Albany Creek at 7.45am ...... we left Aspley at 7.45 yesterday and got to Kedron at 8.20am.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 8th 2007 at 8:38 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:47 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you polly.
I have now given up driving into the CBD, I hate the stop go traffic I did it on a bike for a while until some bugger hit me

And the traffic just seems to get worse and worse.

Now I drive to Strathpine station and get the train in, no quicker but more relaxing.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Theres your answer - just after 9am. try leaving Albany Creek at 7.45am ...... we left Aspley at 7.45 yesterday and got to Kedron at 8.20am.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hoots nan
I live in Albany Creek and work in Clayfield (this side of the City), i leave my house at 7.45am and get to work just in time for an 8.30am start, Old Northern Road, Rode Road and Sandgate Road, i spend about 10 minutes in the tunnel at Toombul!!! Coming home at 5.30pm is the same. On a Saturday (i work every other till 1pm) it takes me about 20 minutes.

Rach x
I think we must have used a different route. We definitely didn't use Rode Road and I seem to recall going through Wilston before passing the RB&WH

Thanks for your answer Pollyanna but I can't actually see where I've asked a question??? I was merely stating a fact based on my own experience at the time. Obviously locals such as yourself will have a significantly better take on actual travelling times so I'll take on board what you've said (**and urge others reading my initial post to do likewise**) and re-plan my journeys and estimated fuel consumption accordingly.

Not withstanding the fact that my initial estimated journey times were exactly 100% off the mark, 40 mins is a walk in the park compared to my current 2.5 hour commute to Leeds!

Cheers
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:05 pm
Chris

tscw1 will become famous soon enough

Hi I didn't realise so many people from the UK lived in Albany creek or the sorrounding areas. I'm living in Bracken Ridge at the moment, but with relatives. I have to be working for 3 month before I can get a mortgage.

Albany Creek seems a nice place, I'm a member of the leisure centre there and can be seen wearing real football tops, however the houses are quite large and a tad too expensive for us as most houses are over $400000. The bank would give us a mortgage for that, but we want to limit our payments to just one wage only.

Chris
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tscw1
Hi I didn't realise so many people from the UK lived in Albany creek or the sorrounding areas. I'm living in Bracken Ridge at the moment, but with relatives. I have to be working for 3 month before I can get a mortgage.

Albany Creek seems a nice place, I'm a member of the leisure centre there and can be seen wearing real football tops, however the houses are quite large and a tad too expensive for us as most houses are over $400000. The bank would give us a mortgage for that, but we want to limit our payments to just one wage only.

Chris
Real Madrid?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.