Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

from the airport to the downtown - perth

from the airport to the downtown - perth

Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:50 am
Just Joined

choosy is on a distinguished road
Default from the airport to the downtown - perth

What is the taxi fare from the airport to the center of town (Murray Street)?

Is it possible to take a train from the airport to the center of town?

thanks
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:01 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the airport to the downtown - perth

taxi fare is about $35.

No, you cant get a train but you can get a bus. Check out www.transperth.com.au for more details
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by choosy

thanks
Hi not sure of the cost but there are minibuses that run frequently to and from the city, to various hotels, try them, they are called something like Airporter!! Do a general search on google for perth airport it may come up there. Sorry not much more help than that!!
Marie
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:53 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

I was in perth last August, IIRC taxi from airport to city ( hotel near the fountain with statue kangaroos drinking from it, cant remember the name) was $25.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Domestic or International terminal, they are on opposite sides of the paddock.

I know that TransPerth (or whatever its called) has a 1/2 hourly service to the Domestic terminal from the city bus terminus. Check the website from a earlier post.

I cant remember if the International terminal has a bus service, although from memory various backpacker buses run out there and the cost last year was about $15.00 a head to get back to the city.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:32 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NJJ
I was in perth last August, IIRC taxi from airport to city ( hotel near the fountain with statue kangaroos drinking from it, cant remember the name) was $25.
NJJ... I`ve been to where you are. I`m still lost somewhere in the drum solo actually.....
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:50 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Perth shuttle is $13/one way for adults ($34 for a family)... have a look here for more details (& other transport options) -http://www1.perthairport.net.au/content.aspx?MenuId=4&SubMenuId=18

Last edited by saraliz; Apr 29th 2005 at 12:52 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:16 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Jump in a taxi cost about the same as the shuttle bus and will be quicker just what you need after a long flight .
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:32 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

thanks

Just wondering - what made you choose Perth? We are going on a reccy early next year (also validate Visa - we hope!) and are looking at Perth and Brisbane. Did you look anywhere else, or did you know you wanted to go to Perth?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

choosy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pam
Just wondering - what made you choose Perth? We are going on a reccy early next year (also validate Visa - we hope!) and are looking at Perth and Brisbane. Did you look anywhere else, or did you know you wanted to go to Perth?
i am sorry, i dont speake english very well.
on a major scale i choose perth among others because of she more cheaper to separate for example Melbourne.

cheers