Which Airline?

Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Airline?

What? Pardon? Sorry have my earphones in

That's good to know they are worth the money as the drone of the engines gets to you after a while, although it's good to know they are still working would be a bit worried if they went quiet!

More's the point - do they block out screaming kids? (apologies to all those with screaming kids, I know it's not easy for you!)
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had to pick an airline which one would it be?

Iraqi Air . . . nee buggers ganna bomb that . . .
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had to pick an airline which one would it be?

Originally Posted by tramway
Any thoughts on Cathay Pacific who seems to pop up in every search as cheapest and Malaysia who I found a reasonable price with?
Hi we flew with CP last year from London to Adelaide and we found the flight/service very very good.The service was good,selection of audio/video was fantastic,meals were great,free alcoholic drinks (we're not big drinkers but we did have one with our meal)and I would definitely fly with them again.We stopped via HK on route and spent 4 hours in a paid lounge,which was also really good.Had a shower,massage,something to eat and drink,used free internet ect.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:26 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sassie
Differs by approximately an extra 2 hours. its about a 14 hour flight from Dubai to Brisbane compared to about 12 hours from London to Singapore. 14 hours is a long time to sit on an aircraft. Trust me I've done it.
Not put too fine a point on it - but according to Qantas and BA flight time from SIN-LHR is 13hours and 55 - not a whole lot less than 14 hours! (and with Singapore Airlines they quote 14 hours ...and for the record I've done it MANY times and can assure you 14 hours is just as unpleasant between SIN and LHR as it is between DXB and BNE.

In fact if anything its better to do the long hop second 'cos the extra exhaustion you feel by then increases your chances of actually getting a bit of sleep - thus passing the time slightly quicker!

Last edited by DadAgain; Jan 6th 2010 at 10:28 am.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

1)Exact flight time on the longer leg varies depending on the time of year - the winds of the jetstream move during the year, which gives you a big time differential.

2) Every airline on the route except Royal Brunei will give you free drinks . RB is BYO

3) In all my years on BE, I can honestly say there is no "best" airline. Its down to personal like/dislike, and must be one of the most hotly debated topics, to which there will never be a "right" answer.

(having said that, Emirates are still sh*te, but there you go)
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
1)Exact flight time on the longer leg varies depending on the time of year - the winds of the jetstream move during the year, which gives you a big time differential.

2) Every airline on the route except Royal Brunei will give you free drinks . RB is BYO

3) In all my years on BE, I can honestly say there is no "best" airline. Its down to personal like/dislike, and must be one of the most hotly debated topics, to which there will never be a "right" answer.

(having said that, Emirates are still sh*te, but there you go)
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Thanks for all you help I have now booked our flights with Malaysia got a good deal plus mirgant baggage allowance of 40kg each.

Couldn't use Singapore for this as we had already validated a while ago.

No doubt I will be picking your brains over next month on other aspects, next thing is shipping and storage but not tonight.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsE
Oh no! Sounds horrendous! Has anybody had a good experience with Singapore Airlines please as Emirates sounds dire? How about Quantas?
one word. SINGAPORE AIRLINES. ok its actually 2