Which Airline?

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:41 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Airline?

Originally Posted by rony1434 View Post
Hi.
Well i like lufthansa airlines and mostly travel with this only.
There service are fabulas.
Not to Australia you don't because they dont fly here. Code shares with Thai or Qantas from SIN or BKK.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 4:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie View Post
Nothings wrong with Emirates in our opinion. We have flown with them several times and have always had brilliant service. Had a few days in Dubai on the way home and can't wait to go back. Emirates also have one of the best inflight entertainment systems that i've come across. I wouldn't hesitate flying with them again.
I agree. Possibly the best that I've flown with in recent years.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 4:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh View Post
For London to Perth, you have a lot to choose from.

Singapore are really good (Via Singapore).

Emirates are good, but not as good as you would expect. (Via Dubai).

Never heard of Quantas ..... But Qantas is pretty decent – sometimes. (Via Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo).

Malaysia Airlines are really good. (Via Kuala Lumpur).

Royal Brunei Airlines I found decent enough. (Via BSB and a non mention stop in Dubai/AD).

Cathy Pacific are good – but can be expensive. (Via Hong Kong).

South African Airways, seen them doing deals recently for London – Perth, no idea what service is like and I assume the flight would be long (Via Johannesburg).

I wouldn't recommend SAA. Toilets are smelly from the start, and the lazy flight crew treat the galley like a lapa. The only good thing that I can say about SAA is the legroom between seats is better than average

Thai Airways, Not sure what they are like (Via Bangkok).

Thai Airways are excellent

Air Asia X – low cost, very cheap, but no idea what their service is like (Via Kuala Lumpur).

I've had several relatives flying with Air Asia with no complaints. I've heard from others that the legroom is not so good though

For the love of god, don’t fly Air New Zealand (they have terrible service and go the long way around – Via USA & Auckland).

Here are the sites for each of the above, although you can usually get cheaper fares at your travel agent or online booking sites. For domestic flights in Australia, the post above this one has all the sites and you can easily book them before you leave.

It might be worth out checking a Multi Stop ticket, which would include your flights inside Australia, sometimes it can work out cheaper.

Here are the sites for London – Perth flights.
www.singaporeair.com
www.emirates.com
www.qantas.co.uk
www.malaysiaairlines.com
www.bruneiair.com
www.cathaypacific.com
www.flysaa.com
www.thaiair.com
www.airasia.com
www.airnewzealand.com
Green = favourable/agree , Red = unfavourable, Bold = my comments
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsE View Post
Thanks guys - We are thinking of paying that bit extra to get the flight times we want with Singapore Air but will have to go LHR t Perth arrange internal flights ourselves and then Singapore air Brisbane to LHR. Can you book internal Oz flights from the UK? Or is it best to book them when we are over there? Mind not you keen on worrying about the chance of not getting the day we want and at a good price if we wait til we get there - any views on that please?
I am going in April, flying with Cathay Pacific into Sydney but out of Perth. I have never flown with Cathay before. I booked the internal flights (Syd - Per) with Virgin Blue on line. I then changed my mind and called them up and we changed it to Syd - Adelaide and then Adelaide - Perth. Could not have been more helpful.

Although the fraud squad cancelled my credit card immediately afterwards as they said there has been lots of "overseas airline fraud" recently.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by canadaeh View Post
For London to Perth, you have a lot to choose from.

Singapore are really good (Via Singapore).

Emirates are good, but not as good as you would expect. (Via Dubai).

Never heard of Quantas ..... But Qantas is pretty decent – sometimes. (Via Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo).

Malaysia Airlines are really good. (Via Kuala Lumpur).

Royal Brunei Airlines I found decent enough. (Via BSB and a non mention stop in Dubai/AD).

Cathy Pacific are good – but can be expensive. (Via Hong Kong).

South African Airways, seen them doing deals recently for London – Perth, no idea what service is like and I assume the flight would be long (Via Johannesburg).

Thai Airways, Not sure what they are like (Via Bangkok).

Air Asia X – low cost, very cheap, but no idea what their service is like (Via Kuala Lumpur).

For the love of god, don’t fly Air New Zealand (they have terrible service and go the long way around – Via USA & Auckland).

Here are the sites for each of the above, although you can usually get cheaper fares at your travel agent or online booking sites. For domestic flights in Australia, the post above this one has all the sites and you can easily book them before you leave.

It might be worth out checking a Multi Stop ticket, which would include your flights inside Australia, sometimes it can work out cheaper.

Here are the sites for London – Perth flights.
www.singaporeair.com
www.emirates.com
www.qantas.co.uk
www.malaysiaairlines.com
www.bruneiair.com
www.cathaypacific.com
www.flysaa.com
www.thaiair.com
www.airasia.com
www.airnewzealand.com
Royal Brunei are rubbish, planes are old and crappy, food is rubbish and service is crap. It's the only airline that I will never use again.

Singapore, Cathay, Malaysia, used them all, all good. I use Qatar between UK and Asia a lot and find them really good, never had a problem with Qatar, not sure if they fly to Aus yet.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Not to Australia you don't because they dont fly here. Code shares with Thai or Qantas from SIN or BKK.
Thanks for your views everyone! We have now booked with Qantas and do our reccie in 10 weeks!!! Yippee!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough
Default If you had to pick an airline which one would it be?

Hi, just about to buy our flights to Sydney spent days googleing and ringing and the more I search the more confused I get,

Over the yrs we've flown with Qantas, Thai, Malaysia, Singapore at some point to Oz but its been a while so PLEASE PLEASE help.
If you had to pick an airline from Heathrow to Sydney economy class who would you def use and def not?

Just want your airline opinion then I can filter out reasonable flight prices afterwards but theres not alot price between any of them at the mo.

Thanks b4 I go crazy googleing
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

jan504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you had to pick an airline which one would it be?

Hi,
I went last year from Heathrow to Sydney and this was my first time there. I went via Korean airlines and booked through Dialaflight. I found them very helpful and reasonably priced. They arranged my transfers and arranged a stop over stay in a hotel in Soeul overnight on the way back, which was of high quality, (the room had the biggest bath I've ever seen!) and the bed was very very comfy and also of high quality. It cost me just under £900, which I though was good as I only booked it 6 weeks before travelling.
I did Heathrow to Soeul (in the airport for aprox 2 hours waiting for my connection) and then on to Sydney. The flight back was an overnight stay and I was able to have a lay in with a good choice of breakfast dishes with a transfer back to the airport to catch a lunchtime flight back to Heathrow. All very lesiurely....The food on the airline was really nice (Korean dishes) and the staff very friendly....the food seemed to just keep coming!
I would definitely go this route again...
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I only fly Singapore airlines for long haul flights, they are the best IMO and I know many people who fly long haul regularly for work and refuse to fly with anyone else. I am a bad flyer and find Singapore to be the best at distracting me from the flight, great service, free food and and drinks, and they also have a very good safety record.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough

Any thoughts on Cathay Pacific who seems to pop up in every search as cheapest and Malaysia who I found a reasonable price with?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a bad flight with British Airways . . . and Emirates are always very convenient.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tramway View Post
Any thoughts on Cathay Pacific who seems to pop up in every search as cheapest and Malaysia who I found a reasonable price with?
They are both 5 star airlines, along with Singapore and a couple of others so can't be too bad. I haven't used either before but I have just booked my flights with Cathay for my trip in April.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Aw.../Yclass-09.htm
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

My 2 pence worth.. might be biased, as I have only flown with these two.. Singapore or Malaysian!
I have always thought twice about flying with other cheaper airlines... with prices not that far apart, like you said, its down to seat spaces & service! In my opinion, these are very good airlines!

Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:49 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

1) Qantas
2) Cathay Pacific

Never in a million years - Emirates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.