which airline

Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

steve reed 26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which airline

hi everyone i need to book a flight to brisbane for me and my girlfriend, for the 25th of april 2009, but im struggling with which airline to choose cathy pacific is coming up the cheapest, but i like the sound of emirates which is £100 more any advice would be brilliant
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:15 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which airline

Cathay Pacific are a very good airline. I believe they still fly LHR to HK and then HK to BNE, but stop in Cairns very briefly. Emirates do it also in three sectors, LHR to Dubai, Dubai to Singapore to refuel and the Singapore to BNE.

So really there is little between them. However, Cathay have recieved a fair bit of flack for the new economy seats being hard and unpleasant long haul and the Brisbane flight is usually operated by older regional aircraft.

So given your flying to Brisbane my money would be on Emirates of the two, but I would prefer to fly Singapore airlines over either of them on that route as they fly the A380 and the brand new 330-300 into Brisbane. Basically the best seats in economy flying today imo.

Good luck with finding those flights.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:52 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which airline

Emirates now has 2 flights a day between Dubai & Brisbane.......the original flight which stops off in Singapore, and a non-stop to Dubai. Both are operated by good aircraft - the equipment on the stopover flight was upgraded last year.

If you are flying from London then it's not an issue but if you want to fly from a UK regional airport, which is the big advantage of Emirates, then the onward flight you take will probably be determined by the connection time in Dubai.