Best airline?

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

gaz4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best airline?

Hi we are looking at booking a flight in june just wondered who people think are the best to fly with and why? have been looking at emirates, cathay pacific and quantas. any advice appreciated cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: Best airline?

i've only flown with Singapore airlines, so i can't comment about the others, but i must say i cant fault Sinsapore airlines and highly recommend them.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore without a doubt. They fly the A380 to SIN from London which offers, by far, the best economy and business class experience. From SIN onward is operated either by the 380, 330-300 or 777-300 plane with the same seating type. The last route they were replacing was SIN to Perth which I believe the change in planes to a new type is scheduled for next month.

For consistency, most direct routings between the UK to Australia and the latest equipment no other airline touches SIA at the moment.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:47 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Singapore for me too, the A380 is the doggies....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

TC83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only flown qantas both times i've come to oz, never had a problem with them. The bonus i've found with it is the amount of air points i've collected and been able to use for internal flights!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by gaz4
Hi we are looking at booking a flight in june just wondered who people think are the best to fly with and why? have been looking at emirates, cathay pacific and quantas. any advice appreciated cheers
Emirates or singapore

stay away from ba-qantas
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Singapore without a doubt. They fly the A380 to SIN from London which offers, by far, the best economy and business class experience. From SIN onward is operated either by the 380, 330-300 or 777-300 plane with the same seating type. The last route they were replacing was SIN to Perth which I believe the change in planes to a new type is scheduled for next month.

For consistency, most direct routings between the UK to Australia and the latest equipment no other airline touches SIA at the moment.
Actually the nice 777 with the A380 style economy & business is getting pulled off the Melbourne route to serve London instead and a much older product 777 is replacing it. Melbourne & Sydney of course also still have the 747 product which is also getting on a bit.

Great for Brisbane to finally get a decent SIA product with the A330 though.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:03 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore Airlines, DEFINITELY! By far and away the best out there! Brilliant service, great with kids and really well maintained aircraft.
We recently flew with Cathay Pacific to the UK. The leg from Brisbane to HK wasn't great, mostly because of the rubbish aircraft. The leg from HK to LHR was great because the aircraft was a lot more modern. I went with them because I couldn't really justify the extra $1800 it was going to cost the whole family to fly with Singapore Air instead.

My experience with Qantas is that they are grossly over-priced and grossly over-rated. Their service for me would have to be one of the worst.

There is an online rating website http://www.airlinequality.com/ where passengers leave pretty frank feedback that I used before going with Cathay which might be of use to you
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:06 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TC83
I've only flown qantas both times i've come to oz, never had a problem with them. The bonus i've found with it is the amount of air points i've collected and been able to use for internal flights!
you can also get those points from Cathay and spend a lot less on the flight and get a much more pleasant experience
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Singapore is always highly rated on here, but have always found them to at least $1000 - $2000 more expensive so never used them yet.

We have used Malaysair and Qantas so far, and much rather fly with Qantas again as I found the overall experience better although my OH preferred MH as the leg room was better.

I think that if you fly economy, it is pretty grim whoever you fly with. I dream of winning the lotto and flying first class one day but even then, I'm not sure I could spend that much money on 24 hours!!

Sam
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Pomaladians is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have flown with both Singapore and Qantas. Found both Ok to fly with, only bad thing was Qantas wouldnt let me unload my double pushchair at Singapore. They did let me have a loan of a single one but wasnt very funny trying to hold onto my 2 year old for 6 hours!

Wendy
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Malaysian were really good. I haven't flown Singapore but as you can see here comes highly recommended.

I'm flying Emirates later this month. Heard good things about them too.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:07 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

1) Singapore
2) Emirates
3) BA
4) QANTAS

Singapore seemed to have the best package food/planes/entertainment. I really like the 3 legs of 7 hours that Emirates run from BNE to LHR it makes it seems a little more tolerable. BA and QANTAS were just about on a par other than one nightmare journey I had with QANTAS (24 hour delay and a very old plane) which relegates them to the bottom.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:19 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore for us but have flown Cathay Pacific and Emirates. CP were a very close second to Singapore, wouldn't fly long haul BA ever again after the disgraceful way I was treated with a baby.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:48 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

For me, the best airline usually tends to be the cheapest one with availability for the given date. At the end of the day, they all provide a seat and some form of food.

That said, I did like my flight with JAL as they included a stop over in Japan at no extra cost and it really made the long flight that bit more enjoyable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.