Air rifle blues

Old May 1st 2003, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air rifle blues

I would like to take my air rifle over to Aus when I immigrate (in the 20ft container along with all my other stuff.)

Is there anything I need to do, will it just course hassle the other end/ attract attention - has anyone else done this.
Would it be wise to sent it separately if so can this be done.

And before I get all the abuse for owning an air rifle I'd like to say I don't kill anything, I shoot at paper targets only (I enter competitions.) Possible shoot a rat but that's as far as I go.

pickletheplacid
Old May 1st 2003, 10:16 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air rifle blues

Originally posted by pickletheplacid
I would like to take my air rifle over to Aus when I immigrate (in the 20ft container along with all my other stuff.)

Is there anything I need to do, will it just course hassle the other end/ attract attention - has anyone else done this.
Would it be wise to sent it separately if so can this be done.

And before I get all the abuse for owning an air rifle I'd like to say I don't kill anything, I shoot at paper targets only (I enter competitions.) Possible shoot a rat but that's as far as I go.

pickletheplacid
read your customs information , if quarantine , discover it hidden in your shipment, they will call customs , you will then have your intire shipment gone through, they will consider fining you [ up to a$10,000]plus additional cost from your oz based consignee,to repack your job. If you are a member of a u.k based gun club you can , ibelieve transfer membership. .. honestly its not worth the hassle , you can pick up slug guns for next to nothing here...MM
Old May 1st 2003, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Be real careful.

My brother had a .22 rifle and a pistol and the customs guys nearly had a fit.

John basically went down there and had a long discussion agreeing to have the guns confiscated and destroyed (like he had much choice).

He was told that anything like that required a premit.

Nick & Heather