Reload this Page >

Air conditioning questions queensland

Air conditioning questions queensland

Old Aug 20th 2012, 8:37 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Default Air conditioning questions queensland

I am trying to help my relative regarding obtaining quotes from reputable air conditioning suppliers and installers.

The area is North lakes brisbane. They are looking for a ducted system and we would appreciate any information regarding new intallation costs for a 10 zone system. The companies we are interested in Is Daikin or Livezi? So if anyone has had any happy/unhappy dealings we would appreciate any info especially ball park figure costs,aftersales etc.
Many thanks Jan
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:54 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Air conditioning questions queensland

10 zone? really?

Is this for domestic application - or is this industrial?

We have 4 zone ducted in our 4 bedroom house - but find we actually only use it as 2 zone (Zones 1 + 2 are living space, zones 3 + 4 are bedrooms).

Anyway - ours (Daikin ducted system 13kW?) has been in for 10 years and we couldnt live without it. We have had a few zone gates fail and be replaced over the years and also had one problem when we didn't clear out the filter enough and the resultant suction caused our inflow pipes to collapse and need replacing. (lesson learnt - CLEAN the filter often over summer).

Big tip - if you end up not using the AC for months of the year then remember to switch it off properly. Leaving it in standby consumes around 100W (2.5kWh per day) - which really adds up over the 10 months of the year it sits there doing absolutely nothing!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:05 pm
jan
classy clipper

Thank you for your reply really appreciated.
It is a domestic installation yes 10 zone for a plantation home Sahara vogue which has groundfloor study and theatre and t.v. room on the first floor so quite a large house.
I believe it is 18kw We are looking at two systems a Daikin and Livezi digital scroll. To be hones we know nothing about them hence the thread.

Really appreciate your advice about switching off properly thank you.
So far we are at quote stage which I have to say is much greater than anticipated $20,000 for the Livezi. Scary prices to be honest!

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by DadAgain
10 zone? really?

Is this for domestic application - or is this industrial?

We have 4 zone ducted in our 4 bedroom house - but find we actually only use it as 2 zone (Zones 1 + 2 are living space, zones 3 + 4 are bedrooms).

Anyway - ours (Daikin ducted system 13kW?) has been in for 10 years and we couldnt live without it. We have had a few zone gates fail and be replaced over the years and also had one problem when we didn't clear out the filter enough and the resultant suction caused our inflow pipes to collapse and need replacing. (lesson learnt - CLEAN the filter often over summer).

Big tip - if you end up not using the AC for months of the year then remember to switch it off properly. Leaving it in standby consumes around 100W (2.5kWh per day) - which really adds up over the 10 months of the year it sits there doing absolutely nothing!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

Our friends built that exact same house and theirs is only 4 zones. You don't need a different zone for each individual space.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There

I have seen a few answers re the amount of zones. I am looking at having 10 zones, as I was told that although slightly more expensive, it means I can turn off individual rooms if they are not in use, hence save money. I just did not like the idea of the bedrooms being zoned together and only using one room and the others automatically coming on when not in use. I did like the tip about turning the whole system off . Anything to save money where you can.

Thank you

Last edited by Mrs M; Aug 22nd 2012 at 9:35 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:41 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

You can always close the vent in a room without needed a zone gate and extra switches.

We regularly have 'hot' rooms when all 4 zones are open just by closing the door and shutting the vents in those rooms.

Adding more zone gates means more things to fail and more expensive maintenance for no gain.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:34 pm
jan
classy clipper

Originally Posted by PunkDebutante
Our friends built that exact same house and theirs is only 4 zones. You don't need a different zone for each individual space.
Thats interesting thank you. By the way were they happy with the build? Any problems.
Thank you.