Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Conditioning

Air Conditioning

Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Conditioning

Sorry to revive an old debate, but am on the verge of a decision and am uncertain.

Would anyone in Perth who has evaporative air cooling please tell me this. Has it worked over these last scorching days? Has it kept the house cool or just tolerable? Any idea how much it actually reduces the temperature? And would you recommend it after your experience. Finally, we've been recommended a Braemar model? Any experience/opinions?

Many thanks for any help - I've surfed this to death but keep getting conflicting views.

David
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Air Conditioning

Originally posted by davidw
Sorry to revive an old debate, but am on the verge of a decision and am uncertain.

Would anyone in Perth who has evaporative air cooling please tell me this. Has it worked over these last scorching days? Has it kept the house cool or just tolerable? Any idea how much it actually reduces the temperature? And would you recommend it after your experience. Finally, we've been recommended a Braemar model? Any experience/opinions?

Many thanks for any help - I've surfed this to death but keep getting conflicting views.

David

Hi David,

The short answer is now, evap has been pretty near useless. Having said that, I doubt we have the best unit for the size of house (it's a rental).

If it was somewhere I was planning to stay for a while the choice is a no brainer, got to be RC.

Best of luck, let us know how you go
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i have also been told that RC is far superior. It was also noticeable in the show homes we visited today. Those with RC seemed to be more effective, and cooled the place down better.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Air Conditioning

Many thanks, good to know, I was afraid of that

Best wishes

David

Originally posted by Nibbs
Hi David,

The short answer is now, evap has been pretty near useless. Having said that, I doubt we have the best unit for the size of house (it's a rental).

If it was somewhere I was planning to stay for a while the choice is a no brainer, got to be RC.

Best of luck, let us know how you go
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by podgypossum
i have also been told that RC is far superior. It was also noticeable in the show homes we visited today. Those with RC seemed to be more effective, and cooled the place down better.

Many thanks, this may help avert an 11th hour mistake.

David
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Evaporative these last 2 days has been worse than useless.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, thanks, great to know. Split system it is then.

Cheers

David

Originally posted by Zebra4
Evaporative these last 2 days has been worse than useless.