AIR ASIA ???

Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice
Default AIR ASIA ???

Hi every one

Just found some fab flights with air asia to Kuala Lumpa for an amazing £121.00 !!! Cant belive it ....

Has any one ever flown with them , does any one know what they are like .

I know I can expect budget .. But I hate flying and loved singapore airlines but with that price one cant afford to be fussy !!

Thanks in advance

Tam x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:42 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: AIR ASIA ???

They have a reputation (at least on this forum) of having some unbelievably narrow and uncomfortable seats..

There might also be issues with delays, which could cause problems if you're attempting a transfer in KL and going on to Australia.

Being budget, you may find entertinment options limited and refreshments at extra cost (fine for short hops, but on long haul?!)

Good luck - let us know how it goes!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Wow, that is cheap. Can I ask where you saw them as I am currently looking to book flights
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=Air+Asia+x

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=Air+Asia+x

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591057

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591230
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice

Hi ,

Thanks every one . I suppose its a bit like buying a car lol !!

You get what you pay for .. To be honest hubby want to go for it but I am no convinced . if we were travelling with no children then yeh I think but perhaps we will look for some other deals instead .

Thanks for the help

Tam x
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I've flown Air Asia domestically around Malaysia. Just like any other budget airline:

Seats aren't allocated so be prepared for the obligatory scramble where the old and infirm get trampled

Just don't be in a hurry to get somewhere

Have to pay for drinks and food - I'm happy paying for proper coffee but not that luke warm tasteless stuff

An hour or so on such a flight is OK (just breathe deeply it'll soon be over) but I'm not sure that I could handle a long one back to the UK.

Yes I did choose Air Asia over Malaysian because Air Asia was a lot cheaper and I was prepared to go budget for a relatively short flight.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Seats aren't allocated so be prepared for the obligatory scramble where the old and infirm get trampled
I think this has now changed, even on the short haul flights. They now sell the option to pre-reserve seats and that wouldn't work if there was then free seating on the aircraft - if you don't pay in advance you get a seat at check in I think.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think this has now changed, even on the short haul flights. They now sell the option to pre-reserve seats and that wouldn't work if there was then free seating on the aircraft - if you don't pay in advance you get a seat at check in I think.
Bah where's the fun of that - I used to love thundering down the corridor with everybody else
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:11 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bah where's the fun of that - I used to love thundering down the corridor with everybody else
How very un-british of you dear fellow
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

It reminds me of my school days, the screaming rabble bundling down the corridor at the end of the schoolday.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

It reminds me of my school days, the screaming rabble bundling down the corridor at the end of the schoolday.
You can still enjoy the rammy at passport control at the LCCT though!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

I hate it at passport rammys when I get stuck behind people who are too British and don't shove along with everybody else. You just end up being last

It however is best when you are behind rammy experts. I was stuck behind this old couple at Heathrow when the BA checkin staff had just come back from being on strike. They just shoved through all the other people with ease. I tagged along behind them making it look as if I was part of their group. Got through in no time at all!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:27 am
Just Joined

karenandjason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goosefat
Hi every one

Just found some fab flights with air asia to Kuala Lumpa for an amazing £121.00 !!! Cant belive it ....

Has any one ever flown with them , does any one know what they are like .

I know I can expect budget .. But I hate flying and loved singapore airlines but with that price one cant afford to be fussy !!

Thanks in advance

Tam x

hiya
Air aisa are great. We flew all around South East Asia with them and then got a flight from KL to Perth with them. You have to buy your food and drink. You can also hire a little television thing that you can watch movies on and play games etc.
We actually booked the business class seats to Perth and it was great, so much room!!! and not too much more than the normal seats.

Karen