Reload this Page >

AIM/Vetassess for Managers

AIM/Vetassess for Managers

Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Qaxpla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AIM/Vetassess for Managers

Hi there,

I'm a little confused, well actually, i'm completely brainwashed with information but hey, where's the EZ in emigration, right?

My dads occupation is Supply and Distribution Manager (that's his actual job title on the contract, it also mentions policies and services manager) however, his company doesn't class him as a senior manager. The company is so big that it would be impossible to have him as THE senior manager because tasks are delegated as are responsibilities throughout the team of managers. He does what is on the AIM criteria (and the skill for the job etc) however he isn't senior, it's more middle management (he says). He realises how tough the AIM process is (researching through the forum and whatnot) and in my opinion (from researching) we might not pass the assessment which would most definitely, impede us. He doesn't have a degree, he just worked from school and has done a CILT Level 3 course in management, distribution and inventory. I think that's a level higher than an NVQ?

What's confusing me is the classification, can he say he is a Supply and Distribution Manager, but take an assessment with VETASSESS perhaps as the Business and Information Professionals (NEC) or would he need to choose a different occupation (this would have to be a 50pt rather than 60pt). I think we score about 110 or so with the 60pt qualification.