Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:45 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ahhh the injustice of it all...

So a guy registers on here, and says that he's been around for a while as a lurker. Puts on a few posts saying that some of the posts on here arent really relevant to the subject matter of the forum. Admittedly picks on a few unfortunate posts to mention, but generally wasnt rude and didnt swear merely brought into question the relevance of some threads being in here as opposed to being , for example, in the lounge or take it outside etc...

Some people support his view , in fact some people who've been around a long time and offered some tremendous advice to a lot of people here (I dont mean me I might add).

Ie.. this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...04#post3004704

Other people pile in and have a go at him. Then start swearing at him and calling him rude names beginning with P.... , a collective gang indeed reminiscent of events in Lord of the Flies is formed and they turn upon the guy.

And HE gets banned for abuse.

How does that work then?

(HE is not ME by the way).
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:53 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhh the injustice of it all...

that was me
i wasnt picking on him. i thought he was a bit harsh when he picked on someone who was a the funeral of someone they loved.
if hes hard enough to pick on others, im sure he can handle being called a PRICK lol
he got banned for using 2 usernames not for speaking out
Originally Posted by spalen
So a guy registers on here, and says that he's been around for a while as a lurker. Puts on a few posts saying that some of the posts on here arent really relevant to the subject matter of the forum. Admittedly picks on a few unfortunate posts to mention, but generally wasnt rude and didnt swear merely brought into question the relevance of some threads being in here as opposed to being , for example, in the lounge or take it outside etc...

Some people support his view , in fact some people who've been around a long time and offered some tremendous advice to a lot of people here (I dont mean me I might add).

Other people pile in and have a go at him. Then start swearing at him and calling him rude names beginning with P.... , a collective gang indeed reminiscent of events in Lord of the Flies is formed and they turn upon the guy.

How does that work then?

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

How does that work then?

Absolutely agree with you spalen!!
Oh, and it wasnt me either before anyone asks!
Im on the fence on the subject and issue in question but also quietly wondered to myself how he was to be banned and yet the people actually doing the abusing and using foul language over and over again are left be??
I dont actually remember this guy abusing anybody........he also said he sympathised with the poster he was posting about's condition.
He was merely making a point, valid or not, I couldnt care less.
It reeks of a conspiracy to me!
As he said, one rule for one, another rule for others!
I guess he hadnt been around long enough for his face to fit!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Absolutely agree with you spalen!!
Oh, and it wasnt me either before anyone asks!
Im on the fence on the subject and issue in question but also quietly wondered to myself how he was to be banned and yet the people actually doing the abusing and using foul language over and over again are left be??
I dont actually remember this guy abusing anybody........he also said he sympathised with the poster he was posting about's condition.
He was merely making a point, valid or not, I couldnt care less.
It reeks of a conspiracy to me!
As he said, one rule for one, another rule for others!
I guess he hadnt been around long enough for his face to fit!
my face dont fit either ask the mods. i think if i push the boat out one more time, im outta here lol
i used a few usernames in jest one night and was warned by the mods. they then changed the rules or updated them. from then on u could not use more than one username.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I did not participate in said thread m'lud....but I did partake of Hungry Jacks tonight
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

the law according to GOD
(if someone registers a username just to have a dig at anybody and everybody, then that isn't acceptable)
off to bed to sit up all night worring about the PRICK
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Right, i have to reply to this.

I have been a member of this site for ages (rejoined) and have posted replies, advice on a matter of all subjects from family, to pet quarantine.

YES, I posted a thread about my Mum last week, I took off the link for the update and it disappeared as it had gone on long enough.

This is a lifestyle forum and I posted my Mum thread because I was desperate. As desperate as some of the PM's I have received for various topics over the year and have helped.

I dont ask for help often and felt at the time I had noone to turn to. Well I am sorry for doing it.

I am not 'woe is me' or whatever stupid crappy title you may have.

I personally am not into 'vegemite threads' 'I miss M&S threads' but I fiercely defend anyones right to post them and I just dont read them.

I dont attack someone for feeling low and vulnerable and post about their homesickness or panic attacks.

I have done stories for this site, people have liked them. But now I have posted - dared to post about my Mum last week, Well excuse me.

Just as I have found enough strength to start coming online again, gained enough strength from counselling to do it, I find that thread with lots agreeing with the OP.

And as I am one of the few that have posted about such subjects, I know for a fact I am one of the ones it is aimed at. You cant put it any other way, nor take it any other way - simple.

Those members that feel in their hearts and perhaps wont admit it, that I am one of the members that has uspet them in my Mum thread, then do yourself a favour, put me on ignore.

Because if you really want to kick someone when their down, then fine, Im lying waiting for you.

To all those that have offered support to me, thank you so much.

To the girl that PM'd me earlier about her Mum, keep sending me messages.

Perhaps the OP shouldnt have been banned, I know people have done worse than him, but its up to the mods who they ban and who they think might be a trouble maker.

I called him a troll in temper, Im probably wrong, I didnt post on his thread I just read it and saw how many agreed with him.

So if you find a thread depressing you, leave it but don't start making it a free for all in slating someone who is vulnerable.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:05 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Right, i have to reply to this.

I have been a member of this site for ages (rejoined) and have posted replies, advice on a matter of all subjects from family, to pet quarantine.

YES, I posted a thread about my Mum last week, I took off the link for the update and it disappeared as it had gone on long enough.

This is a lifestyle forum and I posted my Mum thread because I was desperate. As desperate as some of the PM's I have received for various topics over the year and have helped.

I dont ask for help often and felt at the time I had noone to turn to. Well I am sorry for doing it.

I am not 'woe is me' or whatever stupid crappy title you may have.

I personally am not into 'vegemite threads' 'I miss M&S threads' but I fiercely defend anyones right to post them and I just dont read them.

I dont attack someone for feeling low and vulnerable and post about their homesickness or panic attacks.

I have done stories for this site, people have liked them. But now I have posted - dared to post about my Mum last week, Well excuse me.

Just as I have found enough strength to start coming online again, gained enough strength from counselling to do it, I find that thread with lots agreeing with the OP.

And as I am one of the few that have posted about such subjects, I know for a fact I am one of the ones it is aimed at. You cant put it any other way, nor take it any other way - simple.

Those members that feel in their hearts and perhaps wont admit it, that I am one of the members that has uspet them in my Mum thread, then do yourself a favour, put me on ignore.

Because if you really want to kick someone when their down, then fine, Im lying waiting for you.

To all those that have offered support to me, thank you so much.

To the girl that PM'd me earlier about her Mum, keep sending me messages.

Perhaps the OP shouldnt have been banned, I know people have done worse than him, but its up to the mods who they ban and who they think might be a trouble maker.

I called him a troll in temper, Im probably wrong, I didnt post on his thread I just read it and saw how many agreed with him.

So if you find a thread depressing you, leave it but don't start making it a free for all in slating someone who is vulnerable.
Personally i think it WAS correct for scuba to mention her panic attacks - it is (in some cases) part and parcel of a major life change i.e migrating something that some people should be made aware of before they make the move. For armed is for warned.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:33 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

How does that work then?

Have just read this, is is possible Manchestelad and him r one in the same, sorry, will probably get pelters for this, but I'll miss Manchesterlad, I can't believe how many people fell for his wynd ups.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

i am not one to stick my neck out but........can i just say you had every right to post about your mum. i have lost a parent and if you needed to post then that was the right thing to do babe xxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cant say I read much of it, but did read the bit where the guy said he didnt want to read people problems he wanted to read peoples experience of emigrating.

Emigrating does cause stress, does cause problems, creates situations people find hard to deal with, emotions they never expected to experience etc. That causes people to at times be unhappy, desperate, whatever so those posts are very much about emigrating!!

He just sounds like another person who cant accept there is a bit more to emigrating than better weather.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:02 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

How does that work then?

He says hes been lurking then registers............
He also said he had his account deleted yet wasnt willing to fess up as to why or what his nik was before (I doubt he was here over 18 months ago as he suggested...)
He's a troll and gets his kicks from causing a fuss over him by posting in such a way as to get some sympathy from a few who think some here are being harse on him being a newbie etc.

In my experience if he didnt get people on his side and only got people slagging him off his next step would have been to start abuse, thats how trolls work.

As we are all different some cant recognise a troll, much the same as not being able to recognise spam (even when its blatant).
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Cant say I read much of it, but did read the bit where the guy said he didnt want to read people problems he wanted to read peoples experience of emigrating.

Emigrating does cause stress, does cause problems, creates situations people find hard to deal with, emotions they never expected to experience etc. That causes people to at times be unhappy, desperate, whatever so those posts are very much about emigrating!!

He just sounds like another person who cant accept there is a bit more to emigrating than better weather.
well said !!!!!!!!!!!

he was a troll. he claimed he was sick of the woes me threads. if anything he should have been complaining about most of my thread. they have very little if not nothing to do with OZ.
to be honest, what would all posters rather read. my pish or peoples real life posts. i rest my case
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:39 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
quietly wondered to myself how he was to be banned and yet the people actually doing the abusing and using foul language over and over again are left be??
The difference I believe is that when its quite obvious that a newbie is a troll you can expect to see some abuse hurled at him even though he may not have abused (yet).
The reason he made the thread is where the abuse lays, not the content of it. I would agree with some points he made about some threads being a bit dramatic however, since he came here to cause shit (and got it) thats what makes him a troll.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by soapy
i rest my case
nah, retract that. i love talking pish
If I wanted to slate threads on here for being drivel, I would do it in my own name. Why hide behind another name?
When u do this you are a troll. He might have had a valid point that others agreed with, but he was a troll. Im itchin to know who he really is though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.