Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Wikiposts

Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:02 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Don't know where to post this, but will do it here, do you know that feeling, wherE you have slept too late, ate too much chocolate, or drank too much, well this is how I feel have spent too long on BE , disgusted with myself, but can't help doing it, someone heeeeeeeeeeeeelp me, preferabley somone real, thank god I work
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:16 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Don't know where to post this, but will do it here, do you know that feeling, wherE you have slept too late, ate too much chocolate, or drank too much, well this is how I feel have spent too long on BE , disgusted with myself, but can't help doing it, someone heeeeeeeeeeeeelp me, preferabley somone real, thank god I work
Actually you're not that far out. Some people here have posted that they spend too much time on BE and it interferes with real lives. More power to them for recognising it. Some even posted experiences on how they deleted accounts in an attempt to regain control.

Ultimately - forum use can end up being a problem habit for some and its kind of linked to these thread as close knit communities form I think, people start to take things very personally indeed when someone says something they dont want to hear.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:09 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Do you have more blue boxes than soapy, or am i counting wrong

Yes, but he has ALOT more stars
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, the guy was banned because he only signed up to stir up some trouble. He admitted as much in his first, second and third posts.

The rule about multiple usernames is valid and people should not have more than one username registered but occasionally, there are mitigating circumstances. In the case the OP was referring to there are circumstances that I'm aware of and it is being handled as an individual case.

There are several issues here.

1) If you don't like the content of a post, don't read it. If you have no interest in M&S knickers, Walkers crisps or the price of lettuce, move on.

2) Just because you're not interested in the price of lettuce doesn't give you the right to have a go at those who dare to post about it on here.

3) Somebody said it already - one man's crap is another man's meat. So you may not think that not being able to buy Marmite at the local is part of 'Australian Lifestyle & Culture' but in context it certainly can be.

4) I keep saying it - if something written on here is actually offensive then use the blue exclamation mark in the corner of the post to report it to the mods. Don't dive in and reply aggressively because it always, always degenerates from there on.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:15 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
For the record, the guy was banned because he only signed up to stir up some trouble. He admitted as much in his first, second and third posts.

The rule about multiple usernames is valid and people should not have more than one username registered but occasionally, there are mitigating circumstances. In the case the OP was referring to there are circumstances that I'm aware of and it is being handled as an individual case.

There are several issues here.

1) If you don't like the content of a post, don't read it. If you have no interest in M&S knickers, Walkers crisps or the price of lettuce, move on.

2) Just because you're not interested in the price of lettuce doesn't give you the right to have a go at those who dare to post about it on here.

3) Somebody said it already - one man's crap is another man's meat. So you may not think that not being able to buy Marmite at the local is part of 'Australian Lifestyle & Culture' but in context it certainly can be.

4) I keep saying it - if something written on here is actually offensive then use the blue exclamation mark in the corner of the post to report it to the mods. Don't dive in and reply aggressively because it always, always degenerates from there on.
For sure... but why is it acceptable for people to use foul language repeatedly.? Surely thats against the forum rules.

The guy was not being abusive - but others were..... merely an observation.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:17 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
For sure... but why is it acceptable for people to use foul language repeatedly.? Surely thats against the forum rules.

The guy was not being abusive - but others were..... merely an observation.
If you see foul language, report it.

Personally I don't read every word of every post (jeez I do try to have a life too) and I'm sure JAJ and BP are the same so we can't automatically catch everything. Some people have been warned about their language in the past so if it continues, let us know and we'll deal with it.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:21 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
When I first created this login, I was accused of being a troll, got piles of abuse from loads of people in the lounge. I even had one guy pm'ing me saying it was his lifes mission to get me banned.

So in the end I got the coveted Banned (abuse) below my name, even though it was me getting the abuse.

So days of discussions with the admins etc explaining that this login was mine, as the wifey had hijacked my old login and eventually they re-instated me, as I had posted nothing worthy of a ban.

But it left a bad taste, that the abused get banned for attracting abuse apparently
Yeah yeah, stop the whining, "woe is me" attitude & attention seeking & going on about how you were banned, we've heard it all before. Didnt you read some of the posts on this thread, we're all sick of it :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:16 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Why are we all still debating this crap? Its a lifestyle forum,his choice to either read the threads or ignore them & if its serious info he's after he should trawl the immi forum
He chose to stir the sh!t

Donna.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
This whole issue happened with an internet football forum I frequented a few years ago, it went from informative, helpful debate to cliquey "in jokes and personal issues mixed with the ever lovely supportive group hug".

If you ever dared to upset the status quo you were jumped on like a rash, still, some people are so dependant on web forums they become a little too short sighted.................

totally spot on mate
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:14 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
totally spot on mate
Thats a bit ironic mate, joined 10 months ago and over 4600 posts here.....
Are you sure youre not a bit dependant ?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Thats a bit ironic mate, joined 10 months ago and over 4600 posts here.....
Are you sure youre not a bit dependant ?

if that means being obsessed with australia and getting our visa mate then yes but anything personal in my life is kept just so
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
your face dusny fit cos ure pot ugly ya wee bam
and this is from a guy with a face that kids poke sticks at
how are ya big yin? still makin an arse of yourself at fitbaw? ha ha ha
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:38 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
if that means being obsessed with australia and getting our visa mate then yes but anything personal in my life is kept just so
I had meant dependant on web forums as taken from the posters quote you used.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
That went down like a sack of s**t didn't it..................
yip, just like most of my patter
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:41 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Turn my back for a few days(to detox )and miss all the fun!
Shh did somebody say something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.