Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agents - Is this normal

Agents - Is this normal

Old Dec 13th 2003, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mitchells is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Agents - Is this normal

Back on the 30th Oct 03, our agent acknowledged that they had received all the information for the SA, we contacted them about 2 weeks later to see if everything was OK, regarding the paperwork that we had sent them.

They replied and basically didn't give a time when it would be ready to send to the TRA, they just told us about the different queues that they had and what number we were in them.

Does this seem like a long time or are we just being impatient as we have made up our minds that we will go today if we had the go ahead. Bearing in mind that we will then have to go though the VISA application.

My husband whats to tell them to poke it and get the money back, but I would like to hold out some hope that the service they offered us at the start is what we will receive.

Please could you let us know of the time scales that u had to wait.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Agents - Is this normal

Originally posted by Mitchells
Back on the 30th Oct 03, our agent acknowledged that they had received all the information for the SA, we contacted them about 2 weeks later to see if everything was OK, regarding the paperwork that we had sent them.

They replied and basically didn't give a time when it would be ready to send to the TRA, they just told us about the different queues that they had and what number we were in them.

Does this seem like a long time or are we just being impatient as we have made up our minds that we will go today if we had the go ahead. Bearing in mind that we will then have to go though the VISA application.

My husband whats to tell them to poke it and get the money back, but I would like to hold out some hope that the service they offered us at the start is what we will receive.

Please could you let us know of the time scales that u had to wait.
Who are your agents?
Old Dec 13th 2003, 8:42 pm
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

We used 4-corners in Manchester. Once we had our TRA info together we posted it off to them and it was checked and they sent it to the TRA within a few days. I dont think you should be waiting weeks and weeks for them to process your info.

Once our TRA was sent off, we got a positive assessment within 5 weeks (we payed extra for fast-track).

Good luck!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

nosuchluck, don't really want to say who there are as I don't want to give them a bad name, but they did come very highly recommended.

anne, we've paid for ours to be fast tracked aswell, but this obviously doesn't mean anything to the agent.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mitchells
nosuchluck, don't really want to say who there are as I don't want to give them a bad name, but they did come very highly recommended.

ok, no worries, but i think that some threats from you need to be made ie. not paying their fee unless they pull their finger out!
rach
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

ok, no worries, but i think that some threats from you need to be made ie. not paying their fee unless they pull their finger out!
rach [/QUOTE]

Thanks Rach, but we've paid them at each stage that we've reached, so they already have the money for the SA. I know that I must sound like a complete no brain but they are quite a big company and I thought that they would be OK.

But you live and learn, just feeling sorry for myself as we are going to OZ on holiday next Sunday and wish it was for good.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rach

Thanks Rach, but we've paid them at each stage that we've reached, so they already have the money for the SA. I know that I must sound like a complete no brain but they are quite a big company and I thought that they would be OK.

But you live and learn, just feeling sorry for myself as we are going to OZ on holiday next Sunday and wish it was for good. [/QUOTE]

Best of luck with it all and enjoy your holiday
have a lovely christmas
rach x
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rach, hope you have a good Christmas aswell.

PS. I like your Christmas Tree

Love
Clare
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Rach, hope you have a good Christmas aswell.

PS. I like your Christmas Tree

Love
Clare

Thank you debsy helped me put it on, festive isn't it?
hugs
rach x