Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

agents? how much?

agents? how much?

Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough
Smile agents? how much?

Hi All,

Just in the very early days and wondering whether or not to use an agent. can anyone give us a rough price guide as to how much it costs to go thru an agent, i know they will vary but we are just wanting a rough idea. also has anyone done it without an agent and how was the process for you?

many thanks
Claire
x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:26 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: agents? how much?

hi we are west yorkshire folk, currently in brisbane, we used Four Corners in Manchester, they were great, couldnt rate them high enough, we had quite a few ups and downs with our case and there were times when we didnt think we would make it, but they got us through, i think agents are great as they take alot of the worry and stress off you, and you know they are sending your application in a professional presentable format therefore there is less chance of extra info required later down the line.
we were charged if i remember rightly around the 1200 pound mark for the TRA and Visa application process, they also do a full relocation package ie. help you find homes etc. when you do pass.
as i said they were great and worth every single penny in my eyes.
pm me if you want more info.
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by flump
Hi All,

Just in the very early days and wondering whether or not to use an agent. can anyone give us a rough price guide as to how much it costs to go thru an agent, i know they will vary but we are just wanting a rough idea. also has anyone done it without an agent and how was the process for you?

many thanks
Claire
x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

wolflanigan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

many thanks
Claire
x
Hi Claire

I was quoted about £1500 plus vat by some of the big agencies like 1st Contact and Global Visas which was to include a T.R.A. application too but luckily happened on a guy called Mick O`Breen who was just leaving 1st Contact to start out on his own and all in all he only charged about £800 for the lot.

I think it was money well spent as I was constantly on the phone to him with things that just baffled me, simple mistakes could have invalidated the application or caused months of delays by having to send more info to the aussie authorities. By using an agent I sent a really detailed application, its all about making it easy for the person who`s dealing with your case and the way the application is presented seems to make a big difference to the waiting times between sending your application and getting visa granted.

It all went really well for us, I wasn`t asked for any more info by T.R.A. or immigration and the grant times were quite fast too, T.R.A 3 months and Perm. Residence Visa (skilled independant) 5 months.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:12 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

many thanks
Claire
x
If you have a fairly straight forward application, then I wouldn't use an agent.

I am a nurse, and I haven't used one, as my application is quite straight forward.

I have friends who are nurses, and the did it without agent, and they are in Oz now

What job is it you do, or what type of visa do you think you will need?
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
If you have a fairly straight forward application, then I wouldn't use an agent.

I am a nurse, and I haven't used one, as my application is quite straight forward.

I have friends who are nurses, and the did it without agent, and they are in Oz now

What job is it you do, or what type of visa do you think you will need?
Hi,
Well it'll be my hubby applying, he is a wall and floor tiler and applying for the skilled migrant visa. We are just in the process of getting his skills assessed so we'll see how we got on at the first hurdle.
Thanks for your reply and good luck. where in oz are u going?
Claire
x
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wolflanigan
Hi Claire

I was quoted about £1500 plus vat by some of the big agencies like 1st Contact and Global Visas which was to include a T.R.A. application too but luckily happened on a guy called Mick O`Breen who was just leaving 1st Contact to start out on his own and all in all he only charged about £800 for the lot.

I think it was money well spent as I was constantly on the phone to him with things that just baffled me, simple mistakes could have invalidated the application or caused months of delays by having to send more info to the aussie authorities. By using an agent I sent a really detailed application, its all about making it easy for the person who`s dealing with your case and the way the application is presented seems to make a big difference to the waiting times between sending your application and getting visa granted.

It all went really well for us, I wasn`t asked for any more info by T.R.A. or immigration and the grant times were quite fast too, T.R.A 3 months and Perm. Residence Visa (skilled independant) 5 months.

Hope this helps.
wow, thats good time. where are u at the moment? uk or oz? We are applying fort he skilled one too. thanks for your advice its much appreciated.
Claire
x
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: agents? how much?

Originally Posted by vb2
hi we are west yorkshire folk, currently in brisbane, we used Four Corners in Manchester, they were great, couldnt rate them high enough, we had quite a few ups and downs with our case and there were times when we didnt think we would make it, but they got us through, i think agents are great as they take alot of the worry and stress off you, and you know they are sending your application in a professional presentable format therefore there is less chance of extra info required later down the line.
we were charged if i remember rightly around the 1200 pound mark for the TRA and Visa application process, they also do a full relocation package ie. help you find homes etc. when you do pass.
as i said they were great and worth every single penny in my eyes.
pm me if you want more info.
regards
vb2
thanks for that vb2, how is life out there? i think from what i've read we'll use an agent, like u say its worth the money and there will probably be bits we miss that an agent won't and they'll be there to answer all the questons that will pop up, they are never ending aren't they.
thanks again.
claire
x
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:33 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Well it'll be my hubby applying, he is a wall and floor tiler and applying for the skilled migrant visa. We are just in the process of getting his skills assessed so we'll see how we got on at the first hurdle.
Thanks for your reply and good luck. where in oz are u going?
Claire
x
Perth

Just waiting for DIMA to wake up, and grant my visa!

Any day now I hope
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wolflanigan
Hi Claire

Hope this helps.
Hi,

thanks for the info, do u have any contact details for mick o breen, couldn't find him using aol search engine, does he have a works name?
cheers
claire
x
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice

Hi All,

many thanks
Claire
x

Hi Flump,

I'm using ASA and for the pleasure of that it will cost £2300 which include all costs, DIMIA fee, medicals, police checks, skills aassessment and I'm hope ing they are going to help me every step of the way with things like my RPL, which I am absolutely dreading. :scared: