4.50%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Agents?

Old Sep 12th 2002, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Agents?

Originally posted by Steve Williams:
Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the fees
were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.
Most agents were fairly evasive about how much in total one could pay for their services. Experience and careful probing (ooh err) has shown that a lot of those that advertise in say 'Australia News' seem to charge in the region of £2000 - £3000 so don't feel too bad if you're in this range.

It's an investment in your future after all.

Cheers,

MAX
Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid an agent as I was only to have one shot at getting it right ! Call me gullible if you want, I answer to most names

My agent got it right, and yes admittedly I could have done it on my own, but peace of mind is worth it for me. I was not ripped off, I paid £400 + vat (spouse visa) and I feel the service I got was more than adequate (obviously as visa is in passport) and I had a greta laugh with the agent along the way.

Yvonne

2 days til we leave, 4 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

This sounds like a great game to get into , right you punters how much for a well used PR Visa one careful owner you will need to change your name by deed poll to Pommie bastard.
Any offers this is a once in a life time offer and will I also be setting up as an agent in UK soon .
Fees will be very reasonable let me show you the way to the land of plenty got to be worth a few quid hey.
If thats not in your league these are hard times , got a mate in Bali with a fishing boat does the odd trip to Aussie , very popular with them from the middle east.
So keep your chins up there is always hope , bleed and rob em imigration agents will in the market soon.
Getting the visa is easy what chance have you got , getting yourselfs sorted over here.
We will have an office over here too called ," robbed once try twice" .Some of you have called me a sad bastard , at least I got here on my own did not need any help , god I've got to stop laughing there is no hope for you lot.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

NZBritBoy

As it has been said many times before me,... lets not tar them all with the same brush ok!

Yvonne

Originally posted by BritboyNZ:

Confirms what I've always thought, that most of them are a bunch of con artists. maybe this forum should be renamed 'guillibleexpats.com'
Old Sep 12th 2002, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ywoods:
I paid an agent as I was only to have one shot at getting it right ! Call me gullible if you want, I answer to most names
I agree with Yvonne. We also used an agent even though, looking back, we could have done it ourselves. But, it was comforting to know that we gave it our best shot and this made the 17 month wait for our visas a bit more bareable. As far as I'm concerned it was 600 quid well spent.

Claire
xx
Old Sep 13th 2002, 12:34 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ywoods:

My agent got it right, and yes admittedly I could have done it on my own, but peace of mind is worth it for me. I was not ripped off, I paid £400 + vat (spouse visa) and I feel the service I got was more than adequate (obviously as visa is in passport) and I had a greta laugh with the agent along the way.

Yvonne

I am sure you did have a great laugh with the agent and hes smiling all the way to the bank.
Now this looks good 400 x say 3000 mugs loads a dosh UK here I come , Pommie will be rich in less than a year.
My mate is setting up a company here to sort out you good people with all your needs when you get here called "let me empty your pockets" a fool and his money are soon parted.
Good luck to you I am sure you will need it.

Old Oct 7th 2002, 8:09 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else wants to vote on this?

Peter
Old Oct 7th 2002, 10:46 am
shellypuss

Dear All,

Glad I used an agent for the forms but hate feeling like i'm wasting his valuable time if I phone, especially as it is very rare.

Considering that I am paying him for his time and help with my application, the ever so condescending attitude I get from him is annoying.

He must be one of the few who "gets something for doing nothing".

Shelly

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Anyone else wants to vote on this?

Peter

Old Oct 8th 2002, 2:58 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by shellypuss:
Glad I used an agent for the forms but hate feeling like i'm wasting his valuable time if I phone, especially as it is very rare.

Considering that I am paying him for his time and help with my application, the ever so condescending attitude I get from him is annoying.

He must be one of the few who "gets something for doing nothing".
Hmmm... that's a very negative attitude for a migration agent, who should be aware that customer service is part and parcel of the job. Care to identify who this "do-not-disturb-thy-agent-after-thou-payeth" agent is?

Peter