Reload this Page >

Varoius Inquiries

Varoius Inquiries

Old Aug 17th 2002, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

gokul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Varoius Inquiries

Hello

I am planning to apply for the skilled migration to Australia. Do I need to submit Police Check Report and Medical Report when lodging the application?

I would like to claim Bonus Points in the community language German. I have done 2 years formal master's degree in a German University in the German medium? Moreover I have the certificate showing that I have passed German language test in order to get admission in the master's course. German language is not my mother tongue. Can I claim my Bonus Points on German language?

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Gokul
Old Aug 17th 2002, 11:37 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Varoius Inquiries

> I am planning to apply for the skilled migration to Australia. Do I need to submit Police
> Check Report and Medical Report when lodging the application?

Assuming that you're applying offshore from Nepal, you do not need to submit either. And, you're advised against submiting them, as they have a validity of 1 year from date of issuance. If you application takes longer than that, you will be requested to re-do the medical and get a new police cert.

> I would like to claim Bonus Points in the community language German. I have done
> 2 years formal master's degree in a German University in the German medium? German
> language is not my mother tongue. Can I claim my Bonus Points on German language?

To claim bonus points for community language fluency, you need to prove that you've attended a course taught in that language. That qualification has to be equivalent to an Aussie bachelor's degree. You may wish to check out the equivalent standing of the Master's degree from Germany that you hold. http://www.dest.gov.au/noosr/cep/index.htm

To ensure you can successfully claim the 5 points, take a NAATI Level 3 test for interpreter/translator. http://www.naati.com.au

The sole fact of having or not having any language as your mother tongue has no effect when trying to claim the 5 bonus points. Of course, it will be much easier to pass the NAATI test if it were your mother tongue.

Peter
Old Aug 18th 2002, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

gokul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs:
> I am planning to apply for the skilled migration to Australia. Do I need to submit Police
> Check Report and Medical Report when lodging the application?

Assuming that you're applying offshore from Nepal, you do not need to submit either. And, you're advised against submiting them, as they have a validity of 1 year from date of issuance. If you application takes longer than that, you will be requested to re-do the medical and get a new police cert.

> I would like to claim Bonus Points in the community language German. I have done
> 2 years formal master's degree in a German University in the German medium? German
> language is not my mother tongue. Can I claim my Bonus Points on German language?

To claim bonus points for community language fluency, you need to prove that you've attended a course taught in that language. That qualification has to be equivalent to an Aussie bachelor's degree. You may wish to check out the equivalent standing of the Master's degree from Germany that you hold. http://www.dest.gov.au/noosr/cep/index.htm
I already have a Bachelor Degree from India which I think should be recognised in Australia. The one I did in Germany is a Master's Degree. How can I make it equivalent to Aussie Bachelor degree? This is unclear to me. Can I not get bonus point on the ground that I have completed a university degree in the community language? I can produce all the requirement ducuments from the German university? Gokul

To ensure you can successfully claim the 5 points, take a NAATI Level 3 test for interpreter/translator. http://www.naati.com.au

The sole fact of having or not having any language as your mother tongue has no effect when trying to claim the 5 bonus points. Of course, it will be much easier to pass the NAATI test if it were your mother tongue.

Peter
Old Oct 8th 2002, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

changu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gikul,
I am also from India and would like to know why do yu confirm that your qualification is euivalent to Aussie. I also want to verify the same for my qualification I have done diploma in electronics & communication and then AMIE from calcutta.

Let me know if I can do for you.

pawan

Originally posted by gokul:
I already have a Bachelor Degree from India which I think should be recognised in Australia. The one I did in Germany is a Master's Degree. How can I make it equivalent to Aussie Bachelor degree? This is unclear to me. Can I not get bonus point on the ground that I have completed a university degree in the community language? I can produce all the requirement ducuments from the German university? Gokul

Peter