Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT Agency Recommedations for Melbourne Area

IT Agency Recommedations for Melbourne Area

Old May 30th 2007, 6:39 am
Just Joined

mhairilm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT Agency Recommedations for Melbourne Area

I have recently came from the UK and I am working in Melbourne with an It recruitment company . We cover all sectors and work with Global leaders. Please forward me a copy of you CV if you are looking for any positions. You can PM your details.

Thanks and I hope to assist.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:42 am
Just Joined

mhairilm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herrchook
What a great thread.

We land in 9 weeks with a PR visa and I've been badgering my OH to start applying for jobs asap but he keeps telling me it's too soon. From what I've read here, that seems to be accurate.

OH is a senior PM with programme mgt, technical, infrastructure, fin svs (insurance and asset management) skills.

I think I'll get him to pop his head onto here tonight.

cheers guys

Gill
Hi,

is your Oh still looking for a position?

You can Pm me his details. I have recently moved from the UK and I am working with an IT recruitment company. iIbeleive I can assist.

thanks
Mhairi
Old May 30th 2007, 6:43 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mhairilm
Hi,

is your Oh still looking for a position?

You can Pm me his details. I have recently moved from the UK and I am working with an IT recruitment company. iIbeleive I can assist.

thanks
Mhairi
I've pmd you Mhairi
Old May 30th 2007, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

amizzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: IT Agency Recommedations for Melbourne Area

I have 11 years ICT experience and have worked on the supply and demand side of IT. I am currently Head of IT at a Financial Services company. I also have 7 years IT management experience at a telco. What are my chances of finding a job in Melbourne? What are typical salaries?

I am in the process of applying for a VISA and am looking for some help.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:15 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Aspire are good......met a rep of theirs in London last week - loads of jobs - fill yer boots ladies and gents...
Old May 30th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jajnlis
Aspire are good......met a rep of theirs in London last week - loads of jobs - fill yer boots ladies and gents...
that rep still around jajnlis? how did that come about?
cheers
Old May 30th 2007, 8:18 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jajnlis
I can see two Aspire recruitment agenies in Oz - which one are you recommending?

http://www.aspirerecruitment.com.au

http://www.aspirerecruit.com.au/

Cheers
Old May 31st 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by amizzi
I have 11 years ICT experience and have worked on the supply and demand side of IT. I am currently Head of IT at a Financial Services company. I also have 7 years IT management experience at a telco. What are my chances of finding a job in Melbourne? What are typical salaries?

I am in the process of applying for a VISA and am looking for some help.
If you go to www.michaelpage.com.au you will find a link to their salary guide and employment survey, which I think is pretty accurate.

It is perhaps stating the obvious that in Melbourne there are not as many jobs in IT as in Sydney, but there are more than the other capital cities. Head of IT roles do exist in Melbourne. One of my colleagues was interviewed for several Head of ADM roles in the city. You'll need to work the telephone with the agencies for that kind of role.

Neil
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:01 am
Just Joined

curlygirl000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everybody!

What a useful thread! I am a few points short of getting a PR visa and so am looking in to getting compnay sponsorship - I have been working as a Business analyst and Project manager for a telecoms company for over four years, and planning on coming over to Oz in September (Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane) to hopefully attend inteviews - Melbourne is my first choice - does anyone know of any companies which do sponsor potential employees from overseas?

Any help very much appreciated!!

Curlygirl
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by curlygirl000
Hi there everybody!

What a useful thread! I am a few points short of getting a PR visa and so am looking in to getting compnay sponsorship - I have been working as a Business analyst and Project manager for a telecoms company for over four years, and planning on coming over to Oz in September (Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane) to hopefully attend inteviews - Melbourne is my first choice - does anyone know of any companies which do sponsor potential employees from overseas?

Any help very much appreciated!!

Curlygirl
Lesters and Freespirit can provide sponsorship, but only if you can get a job offer first (and a few other stipulations too). If you register with Paxus, if they can find you a job they can sponsor you. Not sure if this helps much