Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is age 46 & 47 a factor stopping us going to NZ....

Is age 46 & 47 a factor stopping us going to NZ....

Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:24 am
Just Joined

PATCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is age 46 & 47 a factor stopping us going to NZ....

Hello new to the forum

Looking to go to NZ in three years when finances dictate, house sold, money saved, kids gone, interested to know will this still be possible in this time period, do you know anybody already from the forum who has done the move at that age group.....?????? hoping to go out on visitors visa looking for work in retail.

Patch.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:03 am
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is age 46 & 47 a factor stopping us going to NZ....

Originally posted by PATCH
Hello new to the forum

Looking to go to NZ in three years when finances dictate, house sold, money saved, kids gone, interested to know will this still be possible in this time period, do you know anybody already from the forum who has done the move at that age group.....?????? hoping to go out on visitors visa looking for work in retail.

Patch.
Hi Patch & welome to the forum. Hope you have a good sense of humour & not too sensitive to a bit of squabbling (good word that!) no and then, its all good fun & the odd bit of useful advice thrown in too, which is good.
Your question, truth is not sure, go to the NZ immigration website, they should have all the relevant info on there.
Employers may be reluctant to consider you, unless you have a work visa, or can get one.

Not sure how the general skills catagory works now, but if you came within 5 points of the pass mark, you could apply for a work visa for 6 mnths, to find a job in your skilled trade, but I thinks that's changed now, have a look at the website below.

www.immigration.govt.nz

Good luck.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 2:45 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is age 46 & 47 a factor stopping us going to NZ....

I hope its not a factor my hubby is 46yrs and he has had no trouble finding a job and that was from emailing his cv to the company, granted it is in the building industry and they are desp. for builders in NZ. But there is no compulsory retirement age in NZ as far as Im aware, you can go on working for as long as you want so I imagine this will stop any ageism issues